Zigbee inline switch for USB devices

I connected them to my smartthings hub and noticed that the on/off appears to be backwards. Did you run into similar issues with Hubitat?

Whoa, I missed the early buzz on this and now stumbling upon the thread I can't stop thinking about how useful it could be now that SOOO many things are popping up with USB connections.

How come this hasn't been mainstreamed by one of our top tier "switch" device company manufacturers?

1 Like

Yeah, I missed the update to this thread, and I'm on here a lot, lol.

I might give this a whirl.

Yeah, but which one of those (sources) to pick for the Zigbee compatible one?

The one from .ru?

There should be a separate Forum "quick-button hit"
LOL vs a :heart:
a laugh vs a like.

1 Like

Yes, with Hubitat, on and off are backwards. And I have to do a refresh to get the current status. But that's easy to make work; just have to add a note to myself that this is how it works.

I got mine at mind.in.ua (Ukrainian site): ZigUSB - управление питанием USB устройств - xyzroe.cc. A little expensive for what it is. Ordered Dec. 31, 2023 and arrived Jan. 29, 2024. However, the shop wrote me that due to the holidays it wouldn't ship until Jan. 9th, so it normally probably comes a little faster.

3 Likes

I’m going to give those a try as well. Is the driver a community one or are you using a Hubitat driver? If a community driver, it is possible to invert it. I’ve done it before and could likely try it with this one.

1 Like

Habitat; generic zigbee switch.

1 Like
  1. did you find an English translation in there somewhere?

2. do you think these are really being made there ? there was another item or two on their site that looked a lot like some of the stuff that comes from Chinese suppliers

3. I agree with you that the price "delivered" is a good 25% higher than what normally feels comfortable given the capability and the logistics

4. as an aside- gotta hand it to 'em for "keeping the light on" amid all they're dealing with in country

1. I just let Google Chrome translate for me.
  2. Yes, I believe he's (assuming male) Ukrainian. The package certainly shipped from there. I've been emailing with him. His English is great.
  3. He's not a high volume seller, so to make it worth his while the price is higher than we'd get if this was being made by Samsung, for instance.
  4. For sure. I cannot even imagine.
    5 (Addendum). Here's what he said re on/off and status. "On" and "off" are really backwards and unfortunately, it is not possible to change this behavior without reflashing the device. This is implemented to ensure a guaranteed reboot of the USB device using just one Zigbee command. (restart field in z2m). About refresh data - it updates itself every 30 seconds and should arrive to your coordinator. If data didn't arrive automatically you could try to set up binding or reporting. z2m makes it by default.
3 Likes

Wonder if we could get some measure of the milliamp draw of this device.

Been thinking about how flexible this could be plugged into one of those small phone sized USB power packs and then switching on/off whatever downstream.

1 Like

I am waiting for mine to arrive from Ukraine. This device uses a very non-standard way to report voltage and amperage.

1 Like

I didn't realize that this device had that capability, potentially.

I checked the Zigbee2MQTT support - it has...

1 Like

One measurement shows 0.04A with no additional load and 0.15A with an LED light string also turned on.

2 Likes

Wow, a real sipper !

Thanks for taking the time to do that.

The first tests for decoding the measurements are successful ! :grinning:

4 Likes

with battery eliminators??