Zigbee Garage Door

Yep that’s correct. I purchased the relay linked up higher in the thread from amazon. And I have the spare plug And multi sensor I’m going to use as well.

Once I get it setup I’ll probably have to look into how to setup the virtual device and all that stuff.

Are you handy at wiring? You could just get a Zigbee relay and make your own. The Xiaomi relays work very well and don’t drop like the Xiaomi battery devices tend to. They also work as repeaters, but they are not isolated from mains voltages, so you need to use the output to close a standard 110v relay so you have a set of contacts that don’t have any voltage in them.

can you provide the momentary switch driver

Answered via PM.

Hi DaisyLee, I’m currently working on that same setup for garage... quick question on when you decided to switch from peanut plug to TRÅDFRI plug, what did you do about the momentary switch code (since that was for the peanut plug)? Is it a built in setting in Hubitat for the TRÅDFRI plug or did you find custom code somewhere else? Thanks in advance!

I use sonoff sv as a momentary switch and combine with a xiaomi door sensor to make a cheap opener. Cost below $20.

Is the sonoff flashed with tasmota?
Could you tell me the momentary driver that was used please.

Does this configuration show up as a switch or a garage door opener in Hubitat/HomeKit?

Reviving this 6 month old thread because I just learned of a zigbee 3.0 relay that functions in latched or momentary/inching mode and would be perfect to trigger a garage door opener. Linked below:

The reviews indicate it works with Hubitat. Thank you @csteele!

Edit:

Just received one of these today. It pairs with Hubitat as a generic zigbee outlet. Very simple to configure the hardware to work as a latched relay or a momentary/inching relay. The advantage to using this to trigger a garage door opener is that it doesn't require any special drivers, or any automations, to function as a momentary relay.

9 Likes

Awesome

This is a great device. Pairs quick, simple installation and works as advertised.