Zigbee Dry Contact?

@bdydrp It’s this one here: Wholesale 2 Gang 3 Way Smart Light LED Switch Module Relay For Smart Home Automation Device Zigbee 3.0 Controller System From m.alibaba.com

The Alibaba site is crap at readily giving you the information you need but you should find the 2-gang device under variations and if you scroll down further there are some images of it as well

1 Like

@mattias Haven't looked at alibaba!
These are the ones I was referring to...

1 Like

Here's another idea for a dry contact switch operated by Hubitat. It's an inexpensive ($12.95) 120V relay that you could connect to any inexpensive ZWave or Zigbee 120V switch like the Ikea Tradfri switch ($9.95). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017743I7S/

Just a note that I've used these same Zigbee switches and wired them into most lights in my home. Got them from a mix of eBay (UK) and amazon (UK). Have worked very reliably so far, and really appreciate still having a physical switch.

Good info on this thread. I'm looking for a dry-contact zigbee relay as well. My usage for it will be to wire into existing garage door opener and a strike lock on the front door.

So here's a stupid question:

Can any of these devices be configured to close the relay for a specific amount of time with a single zigbee command? Or are all of these relying on some logic defined in the hub(itat) to send two signals, one to close and another one to open?

I would like to have some device that I can configure for a "close period" because if the zigbee signal to close the relay is sent and then the open relay signal gets lost... well that would be bad for the strike lock (bzzzzzzzzzzzz).

If this is possible to configure somehow, can you explain to me how that is done? How do I change the configuration of the duration on these devices? I'd like the strike lock relay to close for 4 seconds while 1 second would be more than enough for the garage door.

Thanks in advance for your help.

support for these will be in platform 2.2.9

5 Likes

Coolio!

I'm pretty sure the dual relay version works with the "Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch driver".

yup, all three work using the multi ep driver, all i needed to do was add the fingerprints...

1 Like

Nice! Can you explain to me whether the momentary delay can be adjusted and if so, then how?

It cannot be adjusted. It is a fixed 1 second delay.

1 Like

well that's disappointing :frowning:

I wonder if these work with Hubitat:

From this video they seem to support adjusting the "inching" duration:

But I'm not quite clear on what app they are using there and what dongle thingy this is and whether you need a specific hub to do that adjustment and whether that adjustment would be reset if you then try to connect it to a Hubitat instead (probably).

But if the hardware supports it... maybe there would be some way of getting Hubitat to support it too.

FYI, those are the modules that @mike.maxwell is adding support for in platform 2.2.9. There are no exposed configuration parameters to adjust the inching duration. Also, I'm not seeing where they do the adjustment in the video.

Also the "dongle thingy" is a 5V USB power supply.

1 Like

@aaiyar sorry I managed to mess up the link and used the wrong video.

Here's the correct one (I'm linking to the correct time also to waste as little more of your time as possible :wink: )

1 Like

This link also suggests that the MHCOZY relays do have the ability to configure the inching duration (although this is the wifi version... not sure if that makes a difference):

I also swear that I saw a video of that somewhere but I can't find that now.

So I'm curious to know how much effort it would be (or if it's at all possible) to add that to a driver for these things. There's also the possibility that the inching functionality isn't really being implemented on the hardware itself at all, but rather that this is some functionality in the app/hub that they use, whatever that is.

As a side note, if anybody knows of good reading material or a tutorial on how to write drivers for devices like this I'd be interested. I can probably figure out the part about writing a dumb Hubitat driver but the part on how to interface with the various devices via Zigbee is a bit of a mystery to me. Are there some goto things to look for when trying to figure what to send to these types of devices, for example to change this type of configuration? Any tips and tricks on reverse engineering these, sniffing the traffic somehow when making the change in the "official" app?

Any idea on how I can wire this to a NC circuit with a NC and C (common) wire so that it notifies me when the NC is opened. It’s for a sump pump. I have the NC and C wires from the sump pump wired to Lout and L1 but it does not change state when the NC is opened by an alarm.

Thanks

Welcome to the community!

Can you maybe post a picture or drawing, my brain isn't getting what you're saying. :confused:

You might need to go to Hub owners - Hubitat , join the group and then you'll be able to post pics.

2 Likes

I have a sump pump where the alarm is connected to a NO/NC contact

9dda277df71174aa9700d7155b1d35483bf0aa4b_2_488x500

I connected the NC and C to the relay, Lout and L1.

a3d06f3932308f4edf2764a029bf62d13df10718_2_295x500

But I am not able to read the relay state by the software switch to get a notification when the alarm triggers.

I was wondering 1) is my wiring correct 2) does not module not support relay state to switch state mapping.

Thank you for your response.

If you connect 120VAC to N and L (Power Supply) and your sump pump relay contacts to S1 and L (Signal) then you should see the ZigBee Switch Module state change in HE when the sump pump relay opens and closes.
Just be aware that the sump pump relay will be switching 120VAC.

Edit: And if that's a metal enclosure you might want to mount the ZigBee module outside of it.

5 Likes

Thank you @Ranchitat works like a charm and yes, mounted outside.