Zigbee dropouts

Is it possible to have a bad zigbee receiver in my hub?
I'm loosing connections daily and some are five feet from the hub without any wall or obstructions.

What brand/model of device?

Sonoff zigbee. Snzb-04
Iris 1gen zigbee
And c7 hub

I'm assuming it's the Sonoff that's dropping off. I would check the batteries. While they may be reporting as good I wouldn't trust it. I would also get a repeater in there (regardless of how close to the hub you are) Any mains powered zigbee device will do as a repeater.

3 Likes

I have about 10 repeaters scattered around the house. Ill try the battery. They are all reporting 80% and up. Hopefully they're reporting wrong.
Thanks for the info and help.

Which ones? Brand and model.

Sonoff s31 lite 15a

Are you able to pair the devices in place? Everything points to a mesh issue.

Yes. They'll pairing in place but later loosing connection.

Searching through the forum, I see for one other person this turned out to be a bad battery connection.

1 Like

Thanks. Ill try that.

The only thing I trust less than battery reporting from an edge device is my ex-wife. Both are notorious liars and drop out of site leaving you stuck... :joy:

5 Likes

Oh one last thing, set your zigbee radio for 20 or 25 to keep it away from your wifi. Some wifi bleed over can cause disconnects.

Thanks.
All my batteries where reporting 80% and up. I change them and haven't had any dropouts yet.
I spent 100's on repeaters and just needed a few cheep batteries. :grinning:.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

Id change the zigbee channel too

1 Like

I have also had wifi / zigbee interference issues in the past from 2 sources:

1. internal: I had the wifi router set to automatically find a 2.4 band. This is a mistake, because it can choose (unbeknowest to you) your exisiting zigbee channel.
  2. external: Not too much you can do about this, but sometimes your neighbours can drown out your zigbee channel. Use the app called "wifi analyzer" to determine which channels your neighbours are using.
1 Like

@jtmpush18 - You just need to install some Ubiquiti Wifi 6 LR APs around your house..

Open up the wideband and blast everyone in your neighborhood!

:boom::guitar: :boom:

Yeah. I need that for zigbee though.

1 Like

Use an XBEE...

1 Like

Convert a Sonoff USB zigbee 3.0 dongle into a zigbee repeater. They are fantastic, much cheaper than an xbee3, and have excellent range.

I have a couple, @Ken_Fraleigh has some, and I know there are others here using them as well.

Here’s the link:

Takes about 5 minutes to flash one to work as a repeater/router.

2 Likes