Zigbee chime recommendations?

I've been commiserating with @gikjll on a separate thread about our issues with the Zooz ZSE19 Multisiren. Can anyone recommend a good Zigbee chime? Looking to replace some of the ZSE19 functionality- I need a custom chime to sound when an exterior door opens. Would be nice to program my own sounds, doesn’t need to be OTA programming.

I use dashboard tablets and old Android phones running the Fully Kiosk Browser along with the Fully Kiosk Browser Controller for this purpose.

For best performance use sound files of your choice that are preloaded on the tablet or phone. Also supports TTS and much more.

A simple app or RM plays the sound file when a contact sensor opens.

Should it matter it's local Wifi, not Zigbee.

I have a neo coolcam one running with markus driver

Struggling to find a detailed list of features/specs on this, although I have come across it on some shopping sites recently. Does it allow for loading custom sounds, and just as importantly, does Markus' driver support playing these sounds?

His driver access the 8 sounds and 3 volume levels and temp and humidity
Think i might have found it on ali express

1 Like

Can't complain for the price. But no custom sounds.

1 Like

Couple of votes for the Neo Coolcam... thanks @mark.cockcroft and @Ranchitat! It's cheap enough that it's worth a shot...

FWIW: My zooz is working much (faster) on the latest HE upgrade, 2.2.4.156. In fact a couple zwave related issues are fixed. The transfer speed to the zooz is up over 50kbs (about like most other zwave devices.

Minor improvements on my Zooz multisiren in .156 and .158, however I still occasionally get long delays between sensor action and the chime sounding. I know the sensor is showing open quickly, because I have another automation that turns on a light when that door opens and it's almost instantaneous. Waiting now for my Neo Coolcam to show up from overseas...

As long an an 80 db max volume is not an issue the ZW056 is superior is several ways as long as you do not also need temperature from it. 1 - It plugs is so no battery issue, 2 - It can play just about any ,MP3 or .WAV file not just mono .wav files with a sample reate of 8 to 32 KHz. 3 - it has huge memory, the ZSE is limited to 85 seconds total. You can fit more like an hour's worth on the ZW056. 4 - Does not require you load any software to upload sounds to it. It might be ZWave, I forget.

I current have it play the Star Trek dos sound when the rear sliding glass door opens. Play a sound when the front door opens and another when it closes. Also if it has been open for more than 4 minutes it says "front door still open" until I close it. I also have it warn me about various temperatures near freezing as well as a freeze alert and frost alert message. I might add other alerts. My siren sound is the original General Lee horn, That noise will wake anyone.

Also, you can set the volume and immediately play a sound but the ZSE19 apparently requires you add a delay between those commands. It is hard to find since they release their inferior doorbell 6.

Use the Dome one, this is just a generic from the same factory.