Zigbee 3.0 button controller $8.88 USD at home Depot, includes cct bulb

I don't have an extra one to hook up to ST but might be able to scrounge one up. I'm not sure if anyone has tried this on Hubitat yet, but I did and it shows as a router (and also appears in the getChildAndRouteInfo neighbor table). If it doesn't act as a repeater on SmartThings, that would be contrary to my understanding of how Zigbee devices work, which I confess is not much beyond the fact that I use Zigbee devices :joy: (and what other people have told me). But what you're seeing is definitely what, like you, I'd guess that I'd see if it wasn't...

I don't know that "SLEEPY END DEVICE" means anything "real" though. It just seemed odd to me, that's why I thought I'd ask. I also don't know enough about zigbee to know whether you can "bind" with a device that is router capable and make it not a router. But it seems like if you could do that, someone would have already done so to solve the "problem of the repeating bulbs". So, who knows. But more information is always better than less, right?

1 Like

You cant.

i noticed you got it to pair, where you able to use its functions at all?

It looks like they are no longer on the Home Depot website. I found them yesterday but not just now. DANG!!! I knew I should have pulled the trigger yesterday.

That's really weird. They had a bunch in stock at my local stores just yesterday. Wonder why they pulled it.

I haven't checked local stores, just website.

Go by your store. I found them in a box in middle of isle by all the bulbs.

I recall an employee telling me the price cents ending in 88 means they are in their way out. Cannot remember exact details but soon they will be pulled for good and no longer available.

Same. I just returned 12 (from a buy-then-return price match when they were $4.88) yesterday (Fairfax, VA #4601), if anyone wants to pick them up. :slight_smile:

Interestingly, both the A19 and BR30 2-packs are still listed on the website, and as New items, although I couldn't find those in the store.

I think they were supposed to be a Black Friday special or some other special.

@mike.maxwell I know you have lots of devices to write drivers for but could we at least get the broadcast messages passed through? So the community can write a driver. From what I can tell both Smartthings and ZHA (the Zigbee component for Home Assistant) use the Ember zNetPro stack and let the broadcast messages pass through to the driver for a device.

This is a change at the plarform level that's not on our immediate or future todo list.

Hahaha, you're the only other besides myself that I've seen call it that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I too found that they were pulled from HD.com … I had bought some on Friday and called the store to confirm if they had them in stock. Low and behold, they still had over 25. Best to call and ask.

I had to go to HD for another reason and strolled thru the light bulb section. Sure enough, about 15 boxes of them on an endcap so I brought some home.

Yup … I bought extra (just in case! :slight_smile:) … I have 4 GE Link bulbs that are acting strange, plus a Cree that refused to factory reset. I'm just beginning my migration from Wink to Hubitat … everything is going pretty smoothly (except for the aforementioned bulbs). Its good to have extra bulbs to swap out. I've already set up 8 of the EcoSmart without issue. My only complaint is that I wish they adjusted a little bit warmer (2300~2400K) … minimum is 2700K. I'll have to recalibrate my eyes to adjust!

@oscopeaaron said that the remote can link to the bulb after the bulb has been paired to Hubitat. So my question is, if I was to install 8 of these in my bathroom vanity and link one of the remotes to one of the bulbs then assign the other 7 bulbs to Mirror the original bulb, could the remote then indirectly control all 8 bulbs while still allowing me to control all 8 bulbs with Hubitat also?

I haven't used any of the remotes that came with the bulb. I did find that I had to factory reset the bulb to get it into pairing mode. For now, I'm either using voice or Pico remotes for bulb control (as I have mixed brands of bulbs I want to control). Would love if the remotes became more general purpose.

If I'm following this thread correctly, the remote cannot be paired with the Hubitat? And the likelihood if it working is very low? Cause this is like the ikea remote which has not be successfully paired to the Hubitat yet? Can someone confirm?

Are you linking these bulbs directly to Hubitat or to Hue? Why not pair the remote to all 8 bulbs and control them all from the remote simultaneously? You can touchlink the remote to multiple bulbs.

Nevermind, I mis-understood some of the previous posts. I thought there was a limit of a one-to-one relationship remote-to-bulb. Thanks. That's great news. I should be able use remote to replace the current in-wall switch to keep WAF high while adding the option of a dimmable CT bulb.