Zigbee 3.0 button controller $8.88 USD at home Depot, includes cct bulb

If you want to easily control the bulbs' temperature as a slider on a dashboard instead of clicking on a tile that opens something else with all of the extraneous commands, take a look at this little app by @adamkempenich. Great concept! Full disclosure, I don't use it anymore because I moved all of my automations to Node Red but I created something in Node Red that mimics the behavior of the app and love it.

1 Like

Why has HE not been able to get these to work directly. They have been out long enough and all these work arounds?

I would recommend looking for another device that fits the bill or use one of the work arounds as it does not look like they had any plans to provide support for the device when last commented on by the HE team.

Is it an accurate assumption that these devices still dont work? I have about 30 of them

They do not and cannot. I can't remember the exact reason why (think it is upthread someplace), but it would require a significant rework of the Hubitat platform just to support this one odd button that isn't even sold anymore.

If you buy a cheapo st hub used, the button works perfectly fine on ST, and I use hub connect to share the button in HE. And with the way ST is going, looks like they'll soon be Some heavy competition for HE.

Hub connect will probably cease when groovy is shut down on ST by the end of this year unless it gets updated to work with the new platform.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.