Zigbee 3.0 button controller $8.88 USD at home Depot, includes cct bulb

ST device handler is up on their GitHub. I know it needs to be converted for HE, I just wanted to let people know it's available.

Yeah...I saw this early this morning and quite frankly I'm really annoyed. I'm not going to even bother trying to port it. In fact, after all this waiting I'm not even going to use it on ST. The DTH they published only provides for 4 functions. That's right, each button gets "pushed" functionality only. No Held and no Released. To me, that is just a waste of a perfectly good remote. I'll leave it paired directly to the bulb and use all of the functionality out of it. I may hack at it and only use button 4, since that one paired to the bulb is kinda useless (IMHO) but haven't decided yet.

I'm really disappointed in ST about this. After weeks of waiting and almost a month of time for their to "verify" the DTH, this is all they came up with? It's pathetic.

@shadowjig Unfortunately, without a ST Hub, these remotes will not have the full capabilities that you want. See previous posts. You can pair the remote to HE to control the bulb(s) that came with it but you won't be able to control anything else. Porting the DTH doesn't achieve anything.

That's what I was trying to figure out earlier in the thread. What's the reason it will not work?

What the reason it will not work with Hubitat or will only have limited functions with ST?

Just think of it as a free one-button remote with a PUSH, HELD, DOUBLE-TAP, & TRIPLE-TAP. For only paying $8.88 (or $4.88) for the bulb, it's a lot cheaper than a SmartThings Button. :grin::grin::grin::grin: Come on, the glass is half-full!

But we waited all this time! For this?!?

I get the push/held thing, but put that aside. Why will it not work as a 4 button controller on HE?

I know but there are 4 buttons so you can do 4 things. So it's like a single button with 4 options and I got it cheaper than one of these that would cost me $15:

Because Hubitat doesn't support the command class the remote uses when talking to a bulb directly. This of it this way, the bulb speaks both English and Spanish, the remote speaks Spanish and HE speaks English. Both the hub and the remote can talk to the bulb but they cannot talk to each other. It's not EXACTLY like that but it's a half-way decent analogy.

Which command class is it? And what is it not supported on HE? Is it not supported via the hardware or software on the HE hub?

Multicast Group messaging. And it is not supported by the platform software on the hub.

Inbound, ie from devices to the hub.
We support outbound zigbee group messaging.

1 Like

Thanks Mike....I knew I'd miss something. I got the Multicast Group messaging though. I didn't even know you could string those words together and mean something a couple months ago. :smiley:

I was able to pair a remote to ST & sync it to HE using Hubconnect. ST gave me an option to sync it as 4-button remote or as each button individually. I tried it first just with 4-button but when I got into creating a rule, I wasn't given an option to assign a button:

So, I went back to trying one of the Ecosmart ST buttons individually and use that in a RM and I was able to turn on/off a light with Hubitat. That seems to indicate it will work but that I might need 4 rules/remote. Of course, I could be doing something wrong with the 4-button. I literally just did this less than 10 minutes ago.

Excellent, exactly what I wanted to do, but even after I paired my remote to ST, and have the HC driver for button controller in ST, the remote doesn't show in ST HC app as available to sync to HE.

Please do tell how you got it to show in ST for sharing via HC(hubconnect)

I think the Universal HubConnect Button Driver should be installed on HE, not ST.

Thank you, yes the driver is on my HE server hub, and on ST.
You only have your HC button driver on server hub, and not ST?

Yes because HE is coordinator hub.

thanks again,
I'll try that but I've always loaded driver in both places, as per the note in app "befor hitting done make sure the ff: drivers....."

That's odd when I try to delete ST HC button driver it says "in use", I guess by my aqara button shared from my HE server hub to ST hub