Zigbee 3.0 button controller $8.88 USD at home Depot, includes cct bulb

ST creates 4 child devices to get those 4 butttons. That might be why HubConnect is having a hard time figuring out what to do with it. This is the DTH it's using:

Thanks Ryan. I have that DTH, but only see 1 device, no child devices.
Should I bee seeing the child devices in ST?

No, the driver creates the 4 child button devices. They are component devices and won't show up separately in ST.

Unless SmartThings has changed how composite buttons & switches work, they used to show up in groovy apps as both a single device where you can later select which button (or switch) # to use. They would also show up as individual single button (or switch) devices as well.

Try pasting over the button device definition in the HubConnect SmartApp in SmartThings (don't change in Hubitat):

(It's on line 61)

"button": [driver: "Button", selector: "genericButtons", capability: "button", prefGroup: "other", synthetic: false, attr: ["numberOfButtons", "pushed", "held", "doubleTapped", "button", "temperature", "battery"]],

There are some fixes for the ST platform coming in 1.7 and this is one of them.

1 Like

I noted a few times in this thread that Tradfri was mentioned in that Hubitat would need to make the same platform change to support some of those devices.
I just picked up one of the Trafri dimmers...the square one - not the puck. Was able to get it to pair easily, but not able to get any update on button press...triedseveral native drivers for a button, switch and dimmer.

Ant thoughts from the forum if this one is worth pursuing. No light included but for 7 bucks it could be a handy little device..and with Ikea supporting it - perhaps it weill be around for a while.

@jwetzel1492. Not sure if this is at all similar to the puck - but your driver for the puck worked great... in the event this is similar.

Cheers
Mac

This one will not work with Hubitat.

Appreciate that. Oh well...i got to walk around ikea yesterday and look at all of the make work projects that buying furniture there means!

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 10.33.45 AM

4 Likes

Hi Steve, You sir are a flipping genius. You just made my weekend !
Can't thank you enough for your help and this amazing app.

you too ! @csteele

2 Likes

Great news! Glad to see that worked out for you!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

For anyone who has installed the driver on ST and connected these remotes thru HubConnect, have you had success creating rules use the device as a 4-button remote and using a Button Device in the Rule Trigger or have you had to use each button as a device and used the single Button trigger? I have only had success with the later.

If I try to use a Button Device with the 4-button remote, I get this screen:

And if I click on Add a button action, the screen changes to this:

Any ideas what might be different that causes the buttons to not populate?

That's a good deal

Edit... reminder... read thread before posting... doh!

Are you using my DTH on ST? I haven't tested it through HubConnect yet but did see that it looked like it was creating events, even released (which doesn't exist on ST as far as I know), correctly. My guess as to why RM shows it this way is that the numberOfButtons event may have not made it over, but I'm not sure why since the ST device should create that event as part of the installed() method. That being said, I'm massively out of practice with ST at this point and could be missing something there (I'm not really a fan of the way you were pushed over to this forum just because you said "Hubitat"...).

It might be HubConnect-specific, though--does a sync() on the Hubitat HubConnect device help, and do sockets work but HTTP not? (Just wondering if this event might not be making it.)

Can you show the edit device page for the virtual device in HE? I would suspect that the driver is not publishing an event for "number of buttons" which is required for hubitat to know how many buttons the device has. (This is the HubConnect driver not the ST driver.)

Interesting point. There is nothing listed under the Current States. One of the PICOs I looked at has a bulleted list of Held, numberOfButtons, pushed, and released under Current States and State Variables of 1-5.

This is the EcoSmart Device Page:

Does clicking "Sync" do anything? I just tested and that brought numberOfButtons over for me. My button events also seem to be coming over fine, which yours don't if you've actually pressed any (the last number should show up under "Current States" for that event):

...but I also had to make modifications to the ST Remote Client app to get this to show up at all. I'm assuming you did something similar or I'm not sure the device would even appear as an option. HubConnect 1.7 is reported to have some improvements for button devices, which might help with this.

1 Like

Yeah, you have no "numberOfButtons" attribute, like I suspected. Look in the ST IDE....do you see the correct number of buttons for the device there? You would have to confirm that HubConnect is set to broadcast that event and the Hubitat driver is able to receive it and parse it correctly.

I realized I didn't have the latest version of HubConnect and screwed something up in upgrade process and had to go backwards some. Now HubConnect says I don't have any buttons on ST that I can synchronize to HE. Ugh! One step forward; two steps back. :grin:

You need to edit the driver as @srwhite pointed out above. Before I did that it did not work.

I did that and then hit Sync and ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD!! The device came thru HubConnect as a 4-button remote, not 4 individual buttons. And.... Rules Manager can use it as a multi-button device.

Now the biggest challenge of them all, where am I going to use all of these remotes that I have now???????

1 Like