Zigbee 3.0 button controller $8.88 USD at home Depot, includes cct bulb

Hard to say if HD is dumping them or if the will keep selling them at this price, the whole ecosmart line is pretty inexpensive, it is quite possible that there may be a lot of these on the market. I see your point at about limited resources though.

According to another thread (somewhere, can't find it now), the .88 on a product price at Home Depot means it's not going to be restocked.

As an owner of more than 15 of these bulb/remote combos, I don't want the HE Development team to spend a second getting a discontinued remote working on HE. Although this thread numbers over 150 posts and there is excitement, there are not that many unique people making comments. Hell, probably 10 of those posts are mine. There just isn't the demand for them and it would be a poor use of their time.

From what I have read on the ST website, people have gotten this working using Zigbee2MQTT (just don't ask me what this is) and have shared the mechanism to do so. Yes this requires additional equipment and an additional level of complexity but I don't see that different from buying a $100 Caseta Pro Hub to integrate $15 Pico remotes. I think the equipment for Zigbee2MQTT is much less than $100. I don't want or need enough remotes to justify that expense. For me, a couple $20 Eria Dimmers or similar is the way to go.

With that being said, I do still have my ST hub running and it sounds like they are working on a DTH that I assume won't require Zigbee2MQTT. If it still does, then I have a box full of useless remotes and a ton of working $4.88 CT Color temperature bulbs that HD is now selling for $20/box of 2. If it works without Zigbee2MQTT, then I have more working remotes than I have rooms in my house. WIN-WIN!!!

So, for now, I am happy with the low-priced Zigbee bulbs and the remote only controlling the ones in my bathroom vanity.

Finally, if you have one installed using ST hub and haven't noticed, these bulbs have GREAT battery life. Mine started at 196% and has actually gone up to 198%.

1 Like

@SmartHomePrimer The changes needed are not just for this remote. The changes should allow the Ikea Tradfri remotes that aren't supported and the Lutron Connected Bulb remote work. I suspect there will be more remotes like this in the future. As people migrate to Hubitat from lower functioning systems if their remote is supported it will only make Hubitat look better.

2 Likes

The Symfonisk remote, which is a decent remote, is already supported. All the other current ikea remotes can be handled with a custom driver (but are all junk in my opinion).

The Lutron Connected Bulb Remote will never work. Doesn’t work in SmartThings either.

Actually the opposite is true, the zigbee 3.0 devices tend to switch from multicast to unicast messaging when joined to a coordinator and the clusters of interest are bound to.
It's the pre 3.0 devices where it was up to the device manufacturer to do this, or not...

1 Like

I really like the "look and feel" of this remote. Superior to Picos (of which I own many), in my opinion. Too bad it appears to be so difficult to make compatible with HE.

What do you mean by bulb battery life? Do you mean remote? How are you getting that?

I have one of the remotes connected to my ST hub and it reported battery level as 196% originally and now says 198% so obviously wrong. According to a long thread on ST community forums, they are close to having a device handler for it. If that works, I'm hoping to connect some of the ones I have to HE using HubConnect.

does the remote connect directly to ST or does it connect through a light like in HE?

It pairs to the ST hub and I was able to get sporadic entries in the logs of a button push but not usable. One of the SmartThings engineers on their community site has said there will be a Device Handler available sometime after the holidays that will "not have any 3rd party dependencies".

Just went through that thread - he also says that it will work like the Ikea button. Reading his posts and Ikea button driver it seems the remote will need to be associated to a bulb, which means that we will need to keep the bulbs on the ST network, The whole reason of going to HE was to get out of ST unreliability and lights are 75% of my system, feels like going backwards, unless HE and ST hub to hub thing can run totally local, haven't used that so don't know.

Doesn't look like these remotes can work independently other than using the mqtt solution. Like you I am not too keen on another complex component in the system, already have homebridge but dont want to add more load to that PI. I hope I am wrong and we can use ST Hub, just for remotes though don't know how we get the hub to listen to remotes without a zigbee mesh in the house.

I don't know anything about the Ikea button but I hope that is not the case that the bulbs would have to be paired to the ST hub. At this point, I am happy about what I have already gotten (more bulbs than I care to admit to buying) and a remote controlling them in the most important spot while also allowing control from HE for a great price. If the ST DTH works independently, then awesome! If not, who wants to buy 6, er I mean 9, ok 12 remotes (light bulbs not included).

yeah I am in the same boat - the bulbs are nice, lets hope for the best.

I got 15, have replaced older bulbs and using them without remotes. I am using 3 remotes in the master and happy controlling all lights with its.

In another room which is not used often I associated 2 lights with a remote and am keeping that room standalone, i.e not connected to HE.

I tried over and over and can't get remote on the hue hub, @bertabcd1234 seems to have done it, but I wonder if he has V1.0 remote or something different. I thought I had it working once, but the remote had just stolen the bulb from hue.

10 minutes ago, someone asked the exact question that you and I are wondering on the ST forum. Without linking to the ST Forum again, the question was:

"Will this run standalone, i.e. could we use the remote to control anything, or will it need to be touchlinked to a ecosmart bulb and only control one or more bulb?"

yeah that was me :slight_smile:

That's funny! I suspected that but I didn't see any similarities in your 2 nicknames "anisk" to "k2man" so I quoted your post from ST forum.

1 Like

hi can you share the fingerprint you used with this - I want to play around with it in ST - not sure how to get the zigbee fingerprint

Here's the info I captured when I paired one to my HE hub:

ID: B9BD
Manufacturer: LDS
Product Name:
Model Number: ZBT-CCTSwitch-D0001
deviceTypeId: 113
manufacturer : LDS
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0001,0003,1000,FD01
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 02