Zen16 v2 garage door

I believe I said that above. the zen16 has nothing to do with it. the GD app is not working in my HE.

Ok, so we're still talking about the "Select Open/Close Sensor" menu in your very 1st screenshot, correct?

If true, what exactly do are you expecting to see in that dropdown menu right now if you don't have your contact sensor built in your Z16 yet?

yes. the screen shot I original posted and problem. I have 100 devices in my system that should show up there. multiple sensors, etc. of course they are used for something else but should show. my screen shifts when I click on button...nothing happens

the first box works. it shows all my devices and I can select the zen16 relay 1.

the first box is relay switch. the second box open/close sensor

Nope, not all of of your devices in either menu. The Open/Close menu will only show open/close sensors (e.g. contact / tilt) you have set up. The Relay menu will show only switches that you have set up.

If you do not currently have any open/close sensors anywhere on your Hubitat, nothing will populate in the Open/Close dropdown menu.

so that is my issue. I need to make the zen16 relay 2 an open/close sensor. the instructions say not to change any settings on the zen16 and follow the instructions above.

ok. so i need to investigate how to get that to work on relay 2.

None of the relays can be used for the sensor, you need to use one of the S terminals.

The relays are all switches - not for sensor wiring. S1,2, or 3 can be used for sensors (like the reed switch).

Forget about the app right now and get the Z16 all squared away.

Input Type for Sw2

Parameter 3: Choose the wall switch type you want to connect to the Sw2 terminal.

Values:

0 – momentary for lights only;

1 – toggle switch (light on when the switch is toggled up, light off when the switch is toggled down);

2 – toggle switch (state changes whenever the switch is toggled);
3 – garage door momentary mode (for Z-Wave control );

4 – leak alarm (water sensor);
5 – heat alarm;

6 – motion alert;

7 – open/close alert (door sensor);

8 – CO alarm;

9 – CO2 alarm;
10 – on/off report (dry contact switch/sensor);

11 – garage door mode for the relay (momentary contact) and door sensor type for the input (use with wired analog door/window sensors and garage gate openers).
Default: 2.

NOTE: click-click'and'hold (so click and hold the second time) the Z-Wave button for 5 seconds to change this mode (each time you repeat the button sequence it down it will take you to the next mode in the setting).

Size: 1 byte dec

I meant to say input 2

sw2 parameter 3 needs to be set to 7....
do you know how to do this from device screen?

ok. found it in the master

well it does not have the option in there for open sensor. I guess the version posted above might..

fyi:
How to Access Advanced Settings for ZEN16 MultiRelay on Hubitat - Zooz Support Center (getzooz.com)

Yep, that's Jeff's driver I pointed to earlier. He writes a lot of Zooz drivers for Hubitat, and they are all excellent.

well. I installed it the driver and used it for zen16. then it showed the open/close sensor. but still no dice. nothing shows. it appears the GD driver is not finding what it is looking for in that type of sensor

showed and i selected the open/close sensor for the relay 2 in device setup. but still does not drop down in the GD setup

After setting up all of the parameters as needed, did you press the "Configure" button?

I will try that. It did save it though. I went out and back in and it held the value