Zemismart / Tuya WiFi Blind Motor + HE

:grimacing: that looks WAYYY over what I'm capable of doing. I would definitely end up frying the board and myself if i tried that.

I've found a work around using IFTTT for now, but its not local control which is a bit pants and if you dont want to pay for IFTTT then you have limited number of apps.

But for anyone searching this thread, this is how I did it:

Pair the Tuya (Zemismart) blind motor with phone app "Brilliant Smart"
Brilliant Smart is a 3rd party

• Make sure 2.4 GHz wifi available
  • Input wifi name and password
  • Press reset button on blind motor x3 times
  • Use app to search for device
  • It will find the blind motor and add it as a device

Setup Blinds as a Scene / “Smart Sequence”

• Group blinds together
  • Set all their positions

Brilliant Smart connected to IFTTT
Free IFTTT account needed

• Create app
  • If - Webhook
  • Then - Brilliant Smart selected scene, eg; Blinds Open

IFTTT will give you a unique webhook key that looks something like this:
89P2blahblahblblahbvmF5NkblahblahblahMEB

IFTTT waiting to receive a webhook in this format:

Replace {eventname} with the scene name, eg; “open_blind”
Replace {key} with your unique webhook key so it looks like this:

Use Hubitat - Rule machine

• Set up the triggers based on connected devices, times, modes etc
  • Actions
  • GET http - input the URL you made for that scene

ITs working very nicely and very minimal delay, but like i said, required internet connection so its not a local control and the limits of IFTTT number of free apps is very irritating.

1 Like

I have 4 of these to install.

As I understand it first I have to flash them with tasmota, then I can add them to HE.

What is the best current driver/app/process to install to be able to accomodate these devices in HE?

Install "Tasmota Device Manager" via Package Manager and use the auto-detect function, it should do most of it for you.

Cheers dJOS

What firmware version did your device come with?

I hope I don't have to crack mine open and flash it serially :frowning:

How did you go with flashing, looks like mine will have to be done serially also.

Any tips you could pass along will be most appreciated.

TBH it's still sitting on my desk un-flashed, I've been distracted by my new 3D Printer .... :nerd_face:

Nice, wish I had one sometimes.

Using your pic I googled up some info that should enable the device to be flashed:

https://tasmota.github.io/docs/TuyaMCU-Devices/

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/device-development/module/wifi-module/we-series-module/wifie1smodule?id=K9605thnvg3e7

I have had to order a usb to serial adapter, so this will go on hold for a bit.

Time to get tasmotizer installed and the correct bin file ready I guess. Also have to figure out if I need to ground the MCU chip IO pin to stop it from booting up.

1 Like

Okay, flashed all 4 with HE 8.5.1, bit of a pain with the soldering involved but no issues with the flashing. I held the MCU reset pin to ground (as well as the ESP chip), not sure if this was entirely necessary as the rx/tx pins used for flashing are secondary ones and not connected in circuit to the MCU.

Used a 'beefy 3' sparkfun usb to serial as this supplies 3.3v which is what is required by ESP chip. The thru holes on the board can be used for pwr/gnd as well as MCU reset so only 3 wires need to be tabbed onto the ESP chip.

2 Likes

Good work, mine is still sitting on my desk in bits. :man_facepalming:

Having some weird issues with these which i think is related to the firmware or the config.

Once you config them with the template the slider appears on the tasmota control page but it doesn't operate properly. Depending on direction of movement it may or may operate, this seems fairly ranmdom. Also sometimes it requires a large increment in control value before the motor will drive, so fine adjustment is not possible.

I first thought it was a HE issue but fault finding has led me back to the device itself and the control on the tasmota web interface page.

has anyone experienced issues with these devices and flashed firmware v8.5.1 ?

Not yet, I keep finding new ways to distract myself with my 3D printer ... I really must pull my head in today and do some actual work (the job that pays the bills etc), working from home is a curse sometimes! :man_facepalming:

Quick question from a noob...
Why are you flashing and modding the motors when there is a solution without this? It seems like a lot of effort and risk of damage for what? The gain of being able to control them locally, is that it?
Thanks from a noob :slight_smile:

If TUYA ever decides to charge for their services we aren't held prisoner - and you cant control TUYA devices with HE as it currently stands.

Plus Cloud systems hosted in China, I'm keen to not be tied to that.

1 Like

If your referring to the wifi exploit to reflash Tuya devices this no longer works for the new firmware that is used in these devices, so serially reflashing the ESP chip is now the only option.

If you mean why bother at all and just use the device as is, DJOS has given excellent reasons as to why this is not desirable.

1 Like

Got it working finally, had to update firmware in motors to latest tasmota and then re-add them as generic dimmers.

Also had to go back into device config and set it back to custom template as the process of adding it to HE changes the config to an MCU device with the wrong serial ports specified.

Also had to send 'LedTable=0' command in device console to get rid of dimmer gamma correction which makes the slider adjustment non-linear, which is fine for a dimmer but no good for motor positioning.

The only thing left to figure out now is what to do about the on/off toggle as the device cannot be set to zero as this turns off the switch and the motor doesn't move.

Ideally this should be done in firmware so as the switch has no bearing on the motor drive, in this way it would drive to zero point.

1 Like

I need to put a wooden blind on a window, I cannot import in from USA via Amazon but I can easily order it from Ali express. Please advise which Blind is compatible with HE ?

Thanks
Omair

Is there a Driver for These Blinds? how do you use it with hubitat?
Edit: Nevermind, i used a dimmer to control it, however, i believe this device can do more... is there a tutorial on how to make a driver? or can someone look into this?

1 Like

I use this for mine.

so no driver for the zemismart wifi blinds motor?