Zemismart Roller Blind Motor

That’s amazing thank you for sharing. I also don’t get any error messages now (which didn’t matter because it worked regardless).
Thanks again :+1:

Hi, I am also searching to buy Zigbee curtain motor, can some one recommend which one to buy ? Please note I am not in US so Ali express is the only option I have at the moment.
Thanks
Omair

If you are looking for a motor for a roller shade, this is the one I bought from Ali Express and it works great!

1 Like

Is there a way to confirm the limits through HE? I'm having a beast of a time getting mine to set, despite what really seems like the unit's LED flashing confirmation at the appropriate stages. Better yet, is there a way to set them through HE?

I've tried running the motor to open and closed states and it doesn't hit the limit (it keeps cranking) so I presume that means I haven't set it properly yet.

I was able to pair my Zemismart M515EGBZTN to my hub without too much trouble (I have 5 right now). I was also able to pair each of them to the OEM 6-channel remote (again, easy). One of my units refuses to confirm limits via the LEDs while the remaining four set as I'd imagine but the limits don't actually work.

In related news, how do I set the speed? These seem to ship with 2 speeds. I have relatively normal US windows with maybe 36 inches of vertical travel and the slow speed takes about 6 minutes while the fast speed takes maybe 2 for end-to-end operation. I'd like to go a bit faster if I could.

The instructions are a bit unclear. For mine, I first make sure the direction is correct for up/down (a number of my blinds are different. If incorrect, press set then down.

Clear the current by pressing set, then up.

Once you have that, manually take the blind to the top. Press set, then up, then up again. Blind may start to move up, so press stop. Then press down until the blind is at the bottom limit and press stop. Press set, then up. Both limits should be set.

Hmm... I appreciate the reply but I don't follow you (I just tried and those don't seem to work for me).

1. device is already on
  2. use the device buttons (as opposed to remote control) to drive it up to where I want the limit set (yes, I have the directly correct!)
  3. momentary press and release of SET, which generates a red LED flash, then quickly press the up button for another red LED flash, then press up again for a third LED flash.
  4. press down arrow and drive to bottom of window, then press stop. This is where I want the bottom limit set
  5. press SET, another red flash, then quickly press UP arrow again (are you sure about that? up arrow to set the bottom position?), for another red flash.

Is there some different confirmation for proper limit setting? maybe the blue LED should flash when get it right? Maybe I can see it in HE somehow?

edit: i had the wrong driver and the one linked above works nicely ! lovely

one tip on the upper lower setting is you do need to set up first then then set lower by pressing the up button. weird i know but it works on all these models

I understand what you mean now (I see the same information in some of the instructions). Still doesn't work for me, though.

I'm really frustrated and feel like the zemis are a razer thin line away from being trash to me.

1 Like

hey @mexpsdw make sure you delete limit settings first. that drove me crazy.

1. delete limit settings.
  2. set upper and lower as above. it will work.

these have been great since i got them connected.

Is there some sort of confirmation the limit delete works? I think I got the limits set on one of my units but they are in the wrong spot… now I can’t delete them! It’s odd that the delete function is exactly the same as the initial set function…

Answering my own question: yes, I've finally figured out how to reset the device, which turns out to have been the unlocker to getting limits set.

To configure limits:
Note 1: This assumes you have already got the motor spinning in the correct direction
Note 2: There's no "move the limit" concept; there is only "reset to none aka start from scratch"

1. Reset: momentary press of SET key (red flash), then press and hold the UP key for about 6 seconds (until a red flash, then release).
  2. Manually drive shade to upper position.
  3. Momentary SET key (red flash)
  4. Momentary UP key (red flash) - the upper limit is now set
  5. Manually drive shade to lower position
  6. Momentary SET key (red flash)
  7. Momentary UP key (red flash) - the lower limit is now set
2 Likes

Does anyone know how to get replacement cogs? Of the included options only the clear one with the alternating teeth seems to work on my bead chain and, unfortunately, the service life seems to have been about 50 duty cycles before the plastic wore out. Here's a video showing how the clear plastic slowly eroded into a fine grey powder: https://youtu.be/iNwLe5mfg2M (edit: I just posted the video so give it a few minutes to process the HD and 4K versions that are clear)

I don't think 3D printer material is hard enough to do what I need but if anyone else has files for having printed a cog, I'll give that a shot.

perhaps worth sending an email to ZemiSmart support? who knows they sell its parts? OR they might send the replacement for free to you (due to non-durable plastic)

I contacted them and they offered free replacements but I haven’t taken them up on the offer yet because I’m testing 3D printed options which, frankly, seem to be better than the OEM so far so I might have this solved. Every bead chain is different so I’ll just say that the printed cog models I have found seem to be a much better match for the exact shape than any of the Zemi choices.

1 Like

My blind for some reason has reverted back to stepping? dosent open and close properly and has seemed to lost all its limits? I tried deleting the limits and putting them back in but this has not worked? Any hints or tips?

Has the motor itself gone back to tilt mode somehow? If it's the same as the AM43 (Tuya) motor you can switch between tilt (default) & lift as follows:
On the motor unit press the set button 5 times, indicator light flashes blue 3 times.

1 Like

I think I will have to contact Zemismart for another manual. I have no idea where I put this one. I tried the 5 times on the reset button but no luck unfortunately :sob:

Very frustrating that it’s gone out of sync, was really happy with the product until this point!

In case it helps, here are the instructions I got for my roller shade to delete the limits:

1 Like

Thanks @ChrisPowys and @Sebastien, got a new e-manual sent to me and my model its 'Press the set button on the remote 4 times then the down button' to get it out of step mode. Only problem now is I need to add it back onto the network and the manual they sent doesn't tell me! :joy:
Just waiting for another email back from them, their customer service is actually really good.

Edit: Found a youtube video, press set button on blind three times :grinning:

1 Like

Hi guys, does anyone know how far can these motors rise and fall. Is there a limit to the rotations of the motors. I have IKEA blinds at present which have maximum drop of 195cm.

Assuming I had 235cm of fabric for the Zemismart roller. Would it rotate for the required amount of rotations or is it limited in its hardware like the IKEA motor?