Zemismart Roller Blind Motor

We have the same model but the instructions are slightly different

I tried everything you guys said, I pressed it 3 times and waited. I then tried pressing it once, wait to get the blue light and release then wait to get the red flash "once" press and hold for 5 sec, I also tried just press and holding for longer and nothing, I'm not getting the red light to stay lit. I'm also doing this while in discovery mode

You need to press the button on the small USB receiver/converter. The button on the motor is used to set the limits.

@iecus You have a roller curtain motor. This thread is speaking of the Zemismart Roller Blind Motors. I believe the HE drive supports both. The operation is pretty much the same, it sends command to the motor using the limit settings stored in the motor and set by the remote. So, basically, it provides open, close, pause, set limit etc. Zemismart firmware is basically the same. There is a set button, looks like on the bottom of the receiver unit (not remote) next to the power connector. Basically, the pairing process outlined for the Tuya app is the same for HE.

Specifically: Zemismart Tuya Zigbee Roller Shade Motor For 38mm tube Alexa Echo Google Home Control Electric Engine Shutter Rod

There's no USB receiver, from my understanding that's only with the wifi version, not the zigbee.

Unless the product changed, there should be a Zigbee to RF USB receiver/converter.

I thought they were wifi as well

This is what comes in the package

I tried to reach out to support and they have to get back to me, but from what I read directly from zemismart website it states that I do need the zigbee hub, do you guys have that also? from what this is saying, it needs the zigbee hub to work with the Tuya app, could that be the reason i'm not getting this to pair into HE?

@iecus The Hubitat Elevation (HE) is the Zigbee Hub. Follow all instructions for pairing the device to the Tuya app or their Zigbee hub, but substitute the HE as the device to be paired. Keep in mind, all things Tuya are Cloud controlled devices. So, using the HE as the Zigbee hub will not provide a Tuya Cloud interface for the Tuya app to work. But, you do not need the Tuya (or want in my opinion) Cloud interface or its app in order to use automation to control the motor. I suppose it all depends on your desired result. If you want the blinds to open/close at schedule time, that's a simple rule. If you want the blinds to be voice controlled, then the HE can do that as well, so long as the 'blind motor' device has been assigned by HE to your Alexa/Google assistant via the HE assistant app (separate discussion). However, if you want to use your phone and an app to control it, although possible in HE via dashboard tiles, then the WIFI version may be more practical for you.

Correct, there is no RF to Zigbee converter, the motor driver module contains the Zigbee radio internally. This is shown on the Zemismart product documentation on their website. Pictured below is the SET button for pairing to HE Hub. Ensure you have the model number: M515EGBZTN. Otherwise, this is a different discussion. I'm pretty sure the 'Z' indicates the Zigbee version.

Thanks, everyone for your help on this. I created this video just so you guys can see I am following the instructions Can't get zemismart in pairing mode - YouTube let me know if you see something I'm doing wrong.
Thanks.

@iecus First off, this is a Chinese manufacturer, the instructions were translated into English. You need to ignore the suppurative words (again, until, immediately). The way I would do this is to look for the desire result in the instructions ["keep red"].

If you could show those instruction in a wide view picture, it would be useful. However, picking though the provided video, it seems to me that you should hold the set button and keep holding it until it become a solid red state. It will first flash red, then if its still held, it will become solid red. At that time, with the HE in discovery mode, it should pair the device.

Just hold it till sold red I would surmise from the instructions

@s1godfrey and @mark.cockcroft I had my wife do this vid for me showing you guys we pressed it once for 2 minutes and still no flashing red lights or steady red light part two - YouTube

Here's a better copy of the instructions also. I reached out to Zemismart again yesterday, haven't heard anything from them.

@iecus Thanks for the instructions image. First off, your wife is an extremely patient and cooperative person! On the 2nd video post it, the motor (indicator light) does flash red once when holding the motor (set key). So for me at that point, I would had released the "set key", because according to the instructions that is the desired result. I would imagine, that after it flashes then releasing the button, it would go into pairing mode. I would start the HE Zigbee discovery and wait a few minutes to see if the motor is detected. Again, I am assuming you have the correct model M515EGBZTN.

I feel bad for you having such trouble. Zemismart, from my experiences, are very reliable devices. I have installed (4) of their Smart Tubular motors (Zigbee version) and had no problems pairing them with the HE.

Another thought would be that the unit, even though it runs on battery, has to be plugged in for it to go into pairing mode. I would try the process with it plugged into the charging adapter.

Also, so far as contacting support. I found it easier to get Judy Chan directly by Skype. Simply go to the Zemismart.com homepage and click the IM (...) icon and go to Skype. If you have a skype account you can leave a message and she will reply pretty quickly, keeping in mind the time difference.

@iecus So, I looked around a bit, and I couldn't find a direct video of others pairing your device (strange) I did find one where the process to pair Zigbee 3 gang wall switch is nearly identical. They are pairing the device into Smartthings hub, but the part to get device into pairing mode should be the same for HE hub. I captured the video link at the time he start the pairing process: https://youtu.be/wQ1bjzI3nZI?t=359

@s1godfrey Thank you for all of this.

I did check the model # and it's the same M515EGBZTN. I showed my wife your comment she said "thanks" lol.

On the 2nd video post it, the motor (indicator light) does flash red once when holding the motor (set key). So for me at that point, I would had released the "set key"

I've tried that several times, press and release when it's blue, press and release when I see it flash red once, press and release once it flash red, and then press and hold again. I've tried them all while running discovery mode.

The only thing I didn't try was doing all of this while it was plugged into the power source and I tried that today after you recommended it, but still no go. I even tried pairing it right next to the hub.

I agree I do find it strange that I couldn't find 1 video of anyone pairing this model. the video you shared I did find that vid before and tried it, but that didn't work. I also found a vid where someone showed to pair their Zemissmart they had to press the set key on the remove, keep pressing the remove button while it flashed blue "that worked" and then press and the set key on the motor and he pressed his twice for 5-10 sec and it paired, but it wasn't the same model but I figured I would try it anyway since looked the same but I think it was wifi.

As for Judy, I will try her via skyp but she responded once via email, and haven't heard from her so then I reached out to another rep via WhatsApp yesterday, hoping to hear back next week.

Will this driver only work with the zigbee motors or are the wifi models supported?

Thanks

Zigbee only.

@iecus Well you not alone, out of curiosity I looked at the review comments of this device on Zemismart:

I also notice that the device is Sold Out after only 74 units. To me, that typically means there is a bug found and there are withholding selling until a fix is made. I hope that is not the case for you. I would be very interested in hearing whatever information you get back from Judy of support from Zemismart.