Z-Wave Unresponsive

Not on the same hub, it's a permanent fix, at least as far as I can tell.

Not really, but the next update will patch this problem automatically if it comes across one.

Got my working too.

Very legit question! I'm curious of what happened too.

Local Z-Wave control is the only reason for me to go with Hubitat and move from ST.

I tought that's gonna be more reliable, but now I'm not sure to be honest.

Hopefully this error will not occur again.

Permanent fix for anyone else that has this problem is coming in the next hotfix release.

2 Likes

Great thank you.. rebooting now

I am all fixed. Thank you

1 Like
1 Like

Is there any update on this? I JUST received my hub. I have not configured a single thing. I have been seeing this "Z-Wave is unresponsive" alert since my first power-on. I have rebooted, unplugged power for 30 seconds, reconnected power several times to no avail. I did update the software from 2.2.4.158 to 2.2.6.137 but that did not seem to have any effect. Do I have bad device? This is just a little off-putting being my first experience with Hubitat after reading great things.

Have you updated the Z-Wave radio firmware using the button on the Z-Wave details page? I forget which firmware provided that. There’s only been one Z-Wave radio update so far.

You should contact support. Tagging @bobbyD

1 Like

I too see this issue on one of my c7's, after reboot runs good for a few days

Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version 2.2.6.137

not a lot on that one, so was thinking of resetting it and starting from scratch

I received a replacement hub and that worked perfectly. Must've just been a bad one.

my last zwave unresponsive was on 5-3 - not sure if an update fixed or what, we did have a power outage around that time, maybe just all the ac zwave devices being restarted helped, maybe a firmware update fixed, not sure, just know it was consistent every couple days and now none sense the 3rd of May

So this issue has started for me in the past 4 weeks. Roughly every 3-5 days my whole Z-wave network goes unresponsive. Only option is to shutdown, power down and then restart. I don’t have any ghost nodes and my whole network has been fairly stable for 1-2 years. Hoping someone has some ideas on how to resolve? On a C7 running 2.3.4.134

Guessing that you may have a device going bad, but only a guess. Are you seeing any devices with a lot of retransmits or higher activity than normal?

1 Like

Are you on the latest Z-Wave radio firmware? If there's a firmware update button that appears at the top of the zwave details page you have a pending update.

Another trick is to open the zwave log and let it sit there for an hour and check for unusually frequent activity as @thebearmay suggests. I found a couple of misbehaving devices that were sending out something every second. When I removed them it definitely reduced the number of "zwave busy" messages I got to something close to zero.

The only buttons I have on top of the Z-wave details page are: exclude, repair, Logs and topology.

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary in the logs either. I do have a couple of older Z-wave switches so I use “polling” and that is by far the biggest activity but that has been there since day 1 and only recently have I seen the issues.

I’ll keep an eye on the devices themselves too. I don’t see any obvious misbehaving devices (but I think the stats all reset when I shutdown the hub so will monitor over the next few days).

2 Likes

I had this occur today. All of my devices were missing under z-wave details and the hub said z-wave is unresponsive. Reboot didn't fix it but shutting it down and physically power cycling it did.

I was out of town for a couple of weeks so this was very unfortunate.

Do you have cloud backup service via Hub Protect, by any chance?

2 Likes

Yup.

1 Like

See this post:

2 Likes