Z-Wave Unresponsive

Hello,

I just received my Hubitat and I am having difficulties acquiring zwave devices.

When I attempt to navigate to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/hub/zwaveInfo I receive a 500 error.

There is also a system message: Z-Wave is unresposive. Shut the hub down, unplug it for 30 seconds, and plug it in.

I have powered down, reboot several times with no change in behavior.

Am I missing something or did I get a defective hub?

Thanks in advance

I have tried upgrading firmware, downgrading firmware, factory reset, safe mode.

The only progress I have made was being able to access the zwaveinfo after booting into safe mode. If I attempt to make a change on that page the device will not respond.

Is there anything else I should check before returning the hub?

Is the hub up and connected to the net now? I can take a look.

Yes the hub is online, thanks!

I can't reach it for some reason. Is the LED light green?

Yes the green light is on.

It was still in safe mode so I just rebooted.

Hi there, welcome to our community! If you didn't do so already, please send us an email to support@hubitat.com. Please be sure to include your hub's MAC address (there is a sticker on the hub) along with your hub's purchase order details (including the shipping address if the hub was purchased from one of our partners).

Hello Bobby,

I just sent another email including the MAC and purchase order info.

Thanks
Owain

I'm having same issue. Were you able to go any further?
My Hubitat can't locate any z wave devices. Keep saying I need to restart by unplugin it for 30 sec

It looks like a part of z-wave stack is not running on your hub. This is a first, and we'll look into that shortly.

Hey there.
Is there anyway you can take a look on my device as well?

Having the same problem it seems. Just unpacked the device:
Event Details

id: 78
Date: 2021-01-28 18:07:39.000
Name: zwaveCrashed
descriptionText: Z-Wave is unresposive
isStateChange: true
source: LOCATION
type: SYSTEM
value: true

I am experiencing the same issue. is there a soultion?

We'll be looking at all three hubs within the a day, yes, and come up with some solution ASAP.
Please leave the hub connected if you can - this way we can grab diagnostic info from it.

Piling on here - I have the same problem.

I've done the shutdown/restart thing. I downgraded the firmware to 2.2.4.???. I updated to 2.2.5.123 this morning and no difference. Just received the C-7 on Wednesday, and I emailed support with my details yesterday morning.

I checked all four hubs, and they should be set now.
@tthulin, you'll need to reboot the hub for he changes to take effect, but it should be ok afterwards.
Please let me know if I got it wrong and z-wave alert is still on - I can only see so much remotely.

The alert message is gone. I'll try to add a device now. Thanks so much. I continue to be impressed by Hubitat's responsiveness - I think I made good choice here!

2 Likes

Just added an aeotec repeater. Thanks.

There is another platform update, should we update to that?

Can you apply the same fix to my hub? Mine is still not operational.

I may have spoken too soon. The Z-wave unresponsive message was indeed gone. So I attempted to add my first device (a Leviton DZ15S switch). It was dicovered, but it an 'initializing' message never went away (my first device, so I'm not sure if that's normal).

So after about 2 minutes I went to the devices list - it only shows my iPhone. And then I noticed that the Z-wave unresponsive message had reappeared.