Z-Wave Repair Hangs

I cannot get a complete Z-Wave Repair to run. I'm setting up the mesh fresh, mostly Qubino relays with an Aeon Smart Dimmer 6, Aeon Smart Switch 6 and an Aeon Multisensor 6. The network seems healthy with all devices controllable and reporting but when I try to run a repair it only gets as far as the Aeon multisensor. The multisensor is USB powered rather than battery and I've tried pinging and refreshing it just before the repair gets to it (I'm using the "Aeon Multisensor 6 (Advanced)" driver by erocm123). But the repair just stops after the previous node (last line in the log is below in bold - the multisensor is node 50):

sys:12018-10-05 16:20:19.114:traceZ-Wave Node 49: Repair is done.
sys:12018-10-05 16:20:19.098:traceZ-Wave Node 49: Repair is requesting node neighbor info
sys:12018-10-05 16:20:19.082:traceZ-Wave Node 49: Repair is adding return route
sys:12018-10-05 16:20:19.078:traceZ-Wave Node 49: Repair is deleting routes

Is this a bug in the Z-Wave Repair? It would be great if it timed out rather than sitting there indefinitely with no log output.Or maybe a bit more log info to explain what's stopped it?

Full page of log messages:

List of zwave devices:

What firmware are you running on your Hubitat Elevation hub? The latest version includes a fix for Z-Wave Repair.

Latest firmware, 1.1.5.115, just updated today.

I triggered z-wave repair and I'm having a similar experience on v1.1.5.115
I have 70 zwave devices. I got to 33 in the logs, and the repair process stopped reporting in the logs.

The bubble alert (which I think is new for z-wave report running), is stuck on there. It's been several hours now, I expect it's not going to go forward. I'm going to leave it alone and see what happens.

it will stay forever. I had to power cycle my hub to get rid of that message.

You should not have to power cycle it. a reboot from the settings page should be good enough. Regardless we are looking into this issue.

2 Likes

yeah sorry I mean a reboot.

I had same issue last night. I have around 125 devices and it stopped after 30 or so.

Mine logs the "start" and never shows any progress. I have an open case with support for the issue.

Same.

Stops at device 34, although it shows 34 as having been completed.

Node 35 is the beginning of a block of 14 battery devices. Node 52 is my next line powered device. However, starting at the beginning, node 5 is my first line powered (thru to node 34.) It "correctly" skips (or defers) battery devices 3 & 4. Node 5 is the first repaired device.

I been some time not doing a repair, I did one yesterday just for "fun" and it was completed, I have only 38 Z-Wave devices, I see the OP has less devices than me so I can't say is something related with the amount of devices.

@doug did you tried the other software to do a repair? I'm curious what is the result.

I worked with the team to troubleshoot and they found the issue. Will be fixed in next release.

No I havent tried any other way to repair.

6 Likes

@doug what was the issue? Curious if this exists in my home because the repair never finishes for me either.

1 Like

My understanding is it would get stuck waiting for a device it thought was asleep. In my case a normally battery powered device that is plugged in. That’s a rough explanation at best I’m sure.

1 Like

That would fit my experience. Looking forward to the next update :smiley:

Fits my experience too - I have a mess of Aeon Multisensor 6's that are plugged into USB, and my repair seems to hang when it gets to the first one of those, even though they are always on. Looking forward to the fix in the next release, as I think some of my Z-wave speed issues are related to sub-optimal routes that I'd like to fix with a repair.

For those of you with a Third Party ZWave option, it can initiate the repair too.

I used OZWCP last weekend, for example, because I too have a bunch of MultiSenor6 "blocking" the Hubitat repair.

I can confirm that I can now run a successful complete z-wave repair with the latest firmware v1.1.16 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too! Mine ran and completed overnight.

2 Likes

In looking at the logs, I see the repair goes through the Zwave radio device list from lowest node number to highest.

I have a mixture of Zwave and Zwave Plus devices, almost all GE but a few Inovelli and 1 Zooz. One issue I have noticed is one Plus dimmer switch is no longer reporting physical events. It happens to be in a 2 gang box beside a non-Plus fan controller. This fan switch happens to have a lower node number than the problem dimmer. Could my Plus dimmer be routing through the non-Plus fan controller and thus causing the issue?

@mike.maxwell @chuck.schwer @JDRoberts @bobbyD is there a best practice for adding a mixture of Plus and non-Plus devices? Should I make sure that all Plus devices are added first and have lower Node numbers that non-Plus?

I can try excluding both and adding them back Plus first and then non-Plus if you think that will help. Please advise.