Z-Wave receptacle with light

The Leviton z-wave outlets have LED indicators. They're z-wave (not z-wave plus) but have been rock solid on my z-wave network.

Even Honeywell, which is Jasco, has lost the LED.

1 Like

I noticed. Saved all of 3 cents in manufacturing costs!

2 Likes

I know zero about Zwidget but heard about them either here or on ST community. Have a way to change out center piece of outlet and one is zwave and has light option. Documentation hints of zigbee too though don’t see it on website.

Thanks for the link... I only need a couple so not so concerned about not being Z-Wave Plus.

Whoa now that's a unique approach... might have to purchase one just to evaluate and see if I can get it working.

You should be... Remember that any zwave plus device repeating through that outlet gets slowed down to zwave non-plus speeds (100kb to 40kb speed hit}.

3 Likes

I did hear about Swidget here from this thread:

You may post there to see how they are working for other HE users.

1 Like

$78/outlet. Ouch!

1 Like

All my GE/Jasco Zwave-plus and Zigbee have the LED indicator in the on/off button.

Having said that, the Zigbee are definitely the newer enbrighten line, id have to do some digging to see what models I have in the Zwave Plus line.

Confirmed, the Jasco Enbrighten ZW1002 (GE 14288) has the LED in the switch button, which appears to work exactly as @Tim-in-Ca describes. Mine are all default on if the controlled receptacle is on, but as Tim said, you can reverse it as well.

S

I just installed a GE Enbrighten receptacle Amazon Link

The On/Off button (which is fairly large) illuminates. The built in driver allows me to control the LED. Since mine is installed in a closet that connects to an LED light I installed, I have it set up so that the light is ON when the outlet is off. Its pretty large and visible.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of the light when on. Just took this pic.

3 Likes

That's ingenious! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes they are as proud of their devices as Aeotec. I said same thing when looking at the Water Sensor 6.

1 Like

That's how the zigbee version is too. Of course 1st thing I did is turn the LED off altogether. lol I don't want a light.

2 Likes

Thanks for the posting a pic... that's exactly the outlet I want.

2 Likes

You’re quite welcome. Glad I could help.

1 Like

For me, the light is beneficial as it’s in a dark closet underneath the stairs. I have a door sensor that turns the light on/off with door open/close, but also turns the light off if door is open longer than 5 min. If I happen to be in there when the light goes off, it’s easy to locate the button on the outlet to turn the light on.

2 Likes

Whatcha doing under the stairs for over 5 minutes? :joy: maybe your home is like my buddy’s with his whisky cellar under his staircase.

2 Likes

Moving items in/out/organizing ... but I try not to spend too much time under there!

1 Like