Z wave problems

Can someone advice me how to get rid off devices which can be found from z wave details page but not from devices page?

This all started as I removed one sensor to replace it with different type of sensor. Did exclusion and factory reset for the sensor. Then tried to add new sensor. Both are z wave sensors and I have multiple same type sensors and they work normally.

For some reason I couldn't get new sensor to pair. I tried to include old sensor and that did not pair anymore. Now I can't pair none of those sensors but I can see them in z wave details page. They are on pending status. Remove, refresh, repair or discover does nothing so I'm stuck. Any advice please?

First off.. What make/model device are you trying to include?

Do you see anything in the logs during the inclusion?

Normally, if you do a refresh, wait a few seconds and then click remove it should get rid of it.. As long as the device is not online and responding to a ping.. The SDK won’t remove a device that responds.

one of the sensor is fibaro door/window sensor 2.
Other one is neo coolcam door/window sensor.

nothing in the log. :frowning:

EDIT: PER just seems to be rising no matter what I do.

Are these powered off ?

I just took battery off from both of them. There has been batteries on all the time because thought that exclusion could be done only when they are powered.

Ok.. now that the batteries are out.. hit refresh wait a few seconds then click remove..

To both of them.. one at a time..

Does not help. Did try refresh and remove after that. Remove takes minutes and nothing happens it just updates page. I just did test z wave repair and all nodes are failing. What the hell is going on..

Ok.. Try doing a shutdown and power off.. Wait a few second then power it back on and try again..

Did a reboot. Those two devices still hangs there. There was possibility to repair or refresh. Did refresh and waited. After that I got remove button too. Then clicked refresh waited 5 secs then pressed remove.. it makes something..page reloads and nothing really happens.

Power off is different from reboot.

The Z-Radios are always powered. To reset them, you must shutdown, remove power AT THE WALL, not the fragile microUSB end. Wait 30 seconds for the stored power internally to dissipate and then power up.

3 Likes

Well once again did not follow your instructions.. (sorry)... it's night at here and I managed to take mini usb off but did not wait 30 seconds and did no remove power from the wall. Family is going to be pissed if I wake them up. :slight_smile:
Going to do that tomorrow though I now managed to get rid off other sensor by clicking refresh and after that remove. Other one seems to be pain but maybe tomorrow it will work when I follow your instructions.

4 Likes

After night managed to remove that last problematic sensor. Everything seems to be ok now. Added new sensor to hubitat and it went as smooth as always. I do not understand what happened yesterday. Is there any known reason what causes pairing to fail but devices still can be seen in z wave list?
It also seems like those two devices got whole z wave environment go crazy. Actually I did not notice any device that was not working at the time but for example z wave repair was failing with every node (timeout).

1 Like

A few actually.. Most related to S2 security failing to bootstrap properly. 2.2.6 ignores all S2 failures on inclusion and moves on to discovery anyway..

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the information and support. Let's hope that it was just a rare incident.

1 Like

If you are referring to the S2 security bootstrapping failure.. That is completely handled by the SDK and not exposed to the hub software.. We are looking at updating the SDK and radio firmware for future hub releases though..

4 Likes

Yes! Let’s get all the latest bugs.

1 Like

@bcopeland

I'm having exactly same issue that I had before but it seems that fix doesn't work anymore.
This device:

Does not exist. I can't remove it. Tried refresh, waited few seconds and pressed remove -> no go.

Log says:

Without refresh, just with remove I get:

Is there anything that I can test to get rid of that particular ghost device?

EDIT:

I have now tried to revert older backup. That does not help either.

The 0 SDK failure node is no longer in failed node list says that the hub got a response back from the device so it removed it from the eligible list for removal (per the SiL SDK requirements). You'll have to power down the device (or remove it's ability to send a response) before you'll be able to execute the remove successfully.

yep, but device is not there..it's a ghost. There can't be no answer from device because that particular device is not plugged anymore.
Of course I tested different possibilities like reverting to old backup, excluding device, booting hub and tadaa.. and result is that ghost line is still there but device is gone.
If I pair device again it is then completely new device instance and has nothing to do with that ghost line. Device works fully and I just have additional line in z wave list which makes me want to throw my hub out of the window :smiley: ..just kidding..

So I'm running out of skills.. and luck.. any ideas?

Hmmmm it seems to think something is responding. Maybe it isn't the device you think it is. May need to power down the panel and then try it.