Z-Wave Mesh Unreliable, Help debugging

Since 2.2.9 (I think), you get a prompt and if you cancel out, you will be paired without security.

I would start with @tony.fleisherโ€™s recommendation to verify power reporting.

1 Like

The biggest culprit is opening a door and the light not turning on, so battery + powered. Looking at logs, the door open triggers, the app recognizes it and sends the power on, the switch doesn't respond.

Sometimes powered motion sensors don't function correctly to report events.

I have:

• 3 battery contact sensors (several Zigbee/internet but those are on a different hub)
  • 21 powered Zooz switches (various 500 + 700 series)
  • 1 powered Innovelli switch
  • 2 powered ZSE 18
  • 1 Misc plug (no power reporting available)
  • 2 zooz appliance plugs - reporting only Wattage, used for monitoring laundry, reports every 2 minutes
  • 2 zooz double plug, one isn't reporting (since October), the other I set not to report but seems to report anyways. Parameter 18 claims it is set in the logs but doesn't seem to. Will see in the morning if it stuck in case it's taking too much time
  • 1 powered Temp monitor which reports about every 2 minutes

These are known to be troublesome.

1 Like

Try the rebooter app and reboot nightly. It just cleans everything up an helps me with my Z-wave issues.

Just moved them to the backup hub. We will see if it makes a difference

1 Like

Yeah, I have it rebooting twice a week right now. Seems ridiculous that I'd have to do it every night! I also worry about the hub mesh with rebooting it constantly.

Plus, that graph above with the nodes not talking to eachother tells me there is something up with the mesh, just don't know enough to know what! From what I've read it should be mostly blue.

1 Like

You might also contact zooz support and check the inovelli website for firmware updates on the devices. For zooz, they need the model, current firmware version and order number for the devices and will send you links to download any firmware updates that might be available.

Opened a ticket yesterday about a few of the devices. How in the world does one track which device is from which order though?? :sweat_smile:

Ignore that, look for ones without routes.

These can cause the same issues as the 4-in-1's

Can you post a copy of your z-wave details page? (not the map)

2 Likes

I would move that to once a day in the middle of the night (ie 3am). You will never notice and it can only help.

Zwave Details:

I moved the two double plugs to my older c5 hub that does zigbee/internet connections. The appliance plugs are behind appliances and a pain to get to, so moving them would be a lot harder

I could also do the details from the custom z-wave mesh Tool if that's easier to read through

I'm wondering about those zooz outlets... if you could get rid of them for a while and see if things improve.

1 Like

I can't move the other two until this weekend at the earliest. I can't move the washer/dryer by myself :confused:

Something is weird. You have two locks paired without any security ....

1 Like

The Freezer temp speed is a little wonky too.. but maybe okay.

You might want to install the "Hubitat Z-Wave Mesh Details" app.. it can give you a nicely packaged overview of your devices and how they repeat.

Use the Hubitat Package Manager..

2 Likes

I have it, I just don't understand it :rofl: I'm happy to post the images from that if it will help to get me on the right track

1 Like

That one is reporting at 1 degree F change in temp. I can up that if needed, but I'm a little paranoid about temp because our fridges keep dying on us :frowning:

Yeah, they are also not the best for reliability on actually locking when they should. One of them locked when we opened the door yesterday :face_with_raised_eyebrow: . That is talking over hub mesh for those doors (Konnected), which could be causing those problems. I thought they were S0 when I connected them (Unfortunately don't offer S2 modules for them last I checked)

I was more concerned with the network speed which shows 9.6 KBits, while this is a perfectly valid throughput if it is Z-Wave+ then something might be up. It could also be poor signal based on it being in a freezer I guess.. as long as things are not trying to route through it, should be okay.

In terms of the Z-Wave Mesh Details - you can sort on the columns and see things like devices with the greatest Error Count, LWR RSSI etc.. also what devices they route through. In order to understand those things you'll have to search the forums a bit.. for example - see the comments here:

1 Like

It is z-wave+. It's a Qubino 1D Relay Module, and so is in the garage but not inside the freezer itself (external sensor).

Error count is really high for this door sensor (one of the doors I'm struggling with). It's less than 15' from the hub.

The corresponding light has a low LWR RSSI, though it is direct to the hub (wtf, it's further than the first one)