Z-wave issues after upgrading to C-8

Just ordered the aeotec Z-wave stick from amazon, should be here by Saturday.

May I suggest that you try again to remove those ghost devices?
It does take time, and more importantly patience.
You can see from the logs if the remove button has worked.
It's best if you do it at a "very quiet" time, i.e. nothing is happening in the z-wave world.
Keep on trying to get rid of them. Eventually you should be able to get rid of most (if not all) of them.
It may even take a few days. Whenever you see the remove button, try it.

Tried it again yesterday around 2am, though it was worth trying while i wait for the Z-wave stick to arrive, unfortunately i just got the same results, I tried a complete shutdown and unplugged for 10 minutes, afterwards i did the whole Refresh/Remove process.

Are you also removing power from the devices before trying to remove the ghosts?

1 Like

I didn’t the first two times, but I gave it a try last night again. I went to my breaker box and shut off the rooms with z-wave devices but no avail, im still stuck with the same ghost devices. Worth a shot.

So I finally got around to tackle this thing, i got my Usb stick a couple of days ago. Im happy to say i have cleared all the “ghost” from my hub, it did take me a bit since i am more of a visual learner so following written instructions are a bit for me. It did create two more “ghost” while adding the zwave controller to the hub but i removed those as well.

1 Like

post your z-wave details page. Lets see how it looks..

Are you still having issues and what devices? The topology map may be useful also.

Seems like my RGBW devices are much more responsive. What used to happen is, i have a some shelves that have underneath led’s (three to be exact) and i have them all connected via mirror me, to a virtual rgbw device, But when ever i used to change the color on the virtual device all the different rgbw devices would change each one to a different color, it seemed like i would have to do around 5 to 6 color changes on the virtual device to get them all to sync up, and by the time i would get to the 5th one my zwave antenna would act up and just stop working for a good 2-3 minutes until it would catch up to all the sent commands. I tried it after deleting all the “ghost” and it seemed like it took 1-2 tries to get them to sync up now. Whats a topology map if i may ask? I wouldn’t mind giving it shot if it helps build a better z-wave mesh.

The button at the top of the page labeled "Z-Wave Topology"

Note that it may take bit of time to execute. Patience.

1 Like

@rokstarx Everything looks pretty good now.

It sounds like you possibly have some bad config on your hub which is causing excessive zwave messages to be sent out, which will contribute to your other issues.

Seems like im having some issues again with my z wave devices, what configurations might i have wrong if i may ask? My zwave network has become really unreliable. When i turn on some device if there is any error communicating with it backs up any command from any zwave device. Then after a minute or two it seems that the devices get all the commands at once.

It’s been 6 months. Please check this post linked below and supply the requested info.