Z-Wave Eurotronic comet Smart Radiator Thermostat

Wonderful!!!!

Hello,a question who is Mike? Thanks

Mike = Mike Maxwell he's the man behind Hubitat's native drivers (the ones you find in the drop down list of drivers on device's page).

Question, you use rechargeable batteries? On manual day do not use can exploit!!, and the valve takes 2 batteries on 1,5 month.

Thanks.

I have batteries form last season and it's about 40-50% left

Hello, you have the valve automatic?, I open and close the valve with rule machine each time I need hot or not on the room, perhaps this is the motive.

I don't understand why on the manual say rechargeable batteries can exploit! :).

Lot of thanks.

Rechargeable batteries have 1.2V so the power level will not be correct and I think that is all.
In my case TRVs are working from October to April, don't know how often they are moving but I think that i can assume several time per day.

Aaa ok, I didn't know about the 1,2v. And if you use the valve using a temperature and the valve open and close itself... What is the difference with this valve zwave or using a normal electronic valve?, both can set the temperature.

Lot lot of thanks.

Eurotronic TRV is not only open/close valve but modulating valve - it has PID build-in regulator - I'm using it as regulator so it only makes small moves. If You are using it as open/close and you are opening and closing it several/several dozen time per day maybe it can drain batteries...
Besides z-wave protocol there is no differents between z-wave trv and other electronic trv

Aa ok thanks

@mike.maxwell , not wanting to push but I'm planning on moving my trv from ST, how are you getting on with a driver (do I need to bring mine from ST) or wait a week... or so.

It reports valve position, would need to take out the switch capability as that breaks GH on HE, and take out the summer bit ( build that to leave valve fully open in summer and ignore temp change commands)

• deviceType: 3
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x59,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x75,0x31,0x26,0x40,0x43,0x80,0x70,0x71,0x73,0x98,0x9F,0x55,0x6C,0x7A
  • deviceId: 1
  • manufacturer: 328

Anybody seen one of these for steam raditors in the USA, with proper z-wave frequency or even zigbee?

Unfortunately, no.

I’ve been looking for several years, and have concluded my steam radiators are frustratingly resistant to automating. I can only guess there isn’t enough of a market in the US and Canada for manufacturers like Eurotronic or Danfoss to make North American frequency versions of their Z-wave TRVs. Which is a huge bummer.

updated driver

1 Like

Hi Mark!

Did you write this driver? I am currently trying to get 6 of there Thermostats working but arfter a while they stop responding to the hub at all..

Are you seeing the poll request from the hub? What is the refresh interval you have set?

I was struggling a lot getting them work properly on HE - often dropping, not responding etc. Finally gave up and got HA on RPi 4 with Z-Way shield - works with no any problems.

Since FLIRS devices shouldn't be polled, that would be bad, or am I wrong?

I used to see pending requests when I used the generic driver, but I re-included all of them with your driver set from the beginning. The driver wasn't automatically detected though.

Go to the driver and set the refresh interval in the driver options and click save