Yonomi

Cool, I am now an owner....

I read parts of your virtual switch thread. Canā€™t say I know whatā€™s going on, but I suggest exposing your locks via Homebridge. Thatā€™s what I do. Perfectly functional in Apple Home.

1 Like

I did install the Homebridge v2 plugin. The virtual switch shows up now but it is not controllable from Hubitat. I need to spend some more time working on this.

Why not expose your lock directly? If youā€™re using Homebridge thereā€™s no need for virtual switches.

Is your Hubitat on the same vlan as Homebridge and your Apple Home hub?

1 Like

No, HE is on a different LAN than the Apple hub and Homebridge. I may need to figure out how to get them on the same network

This is the cause behind all the issues you've been having. HomeKit (and the Home hub) requires HomeKit bridges to be on the same (V)LAN. And like Homebridge, Hubitat is a HomeKit bridge.

1 Like

Thanks, makes sense. I'll see what I can do.

HomeKit uses HAP, which uses Bonjour (multicast DNS) for discovery. Unless you specifically setup a multicast reflector, or route multicast between VLANs, devices may be discovered, but will become uncontrollable.

Even when everything is on the same LAN, it is important that multicast be routed between the wireless and wired segments of the LAN.

3 Likes

aaiyar, I could tell when you found out I had multiple networks, a giant light went off... Anyway, thanks very much for this, I moved the HE to the same network and the virtual switch works like a charm.

I don't know for sure that Yonomi doesn't integrate with HE, but I see no evidence that it does. Now that I have virtual switches and HE/HK working, I don't need it so I will close this thread.

Again, many thanks.

1 Like

Actually, since you have HomeBridge running, why not export your locks from Hubitat to HomeBridge, and bring them into HomeKit via HomeBridge? No need for virtual switches either .....

2 Likes

Yes, thanks.

1 Like

It would be interesting because of well good location features in yonomi appā€¦
For now except with jailbreak phone or with google script .. it have nothing to link a routine to another serviceā€¦
If it could be done it would be very nice!

There are a large number of third-party geofencing options available for Hubitat that integrate directly with the hub (i.e. they are private, and remove the necessity to share location data with any third-party).

These include: Locative, Geofency, and OwnTracks.

1 Like

I know but yonomi offer different options and is precise and quickā€¦
I tried other but I cannot do the same things with ā€¦

Examples?

You can build as many fence as you want and you can tell if enter a circle while still in the other.. so you can tell the direction where you go.. for example you can start heating few minutes before to get homeā€¦
Other app donā€™t do this and often you need to pay for itā€¦ and the app is precise and works wellā€¦
Some other app are just late so you need to define a very large circle so not usefulā€¦

You can do all this easily with OwnTracks.

I ll look at it! Thanks

You said easily, for now I just check the app and look like complicated to do as I said (no map selection, just coord) but I think it have a web login that I saw on a video? And I need to set webhook features? And then to link it with Hubitat itā€™s another thingā€¦

How do you set it up? Any clue could help!
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.