Yeelights

Any interest in supporting yeelight stuff? They use a non-standard port for discovery so there was no way to connect them to smartthings without a man in the middle server. Just wondering if it’s possible to change the discovery port on Hubitat. If so I might try writing an api for them once I get my Hubitat. I currently have a yeelight strip behind my TV that uses a script on my Shield TV (android tv) box to turn on and off with the Shield TV, but what I’d really like is a little more integrated control.

Discovery port?, not following.
If these are WiFi and have a json or xml rest api, you can write a driver for them right now.

From Yeelight Spec:
Dfferent from SSDP protocol, we choose to send multi-cast messages to port 1982 instead of standard SSDP port 1900. This is to avoid excessive multi-cast messages being received by both smart LED and 3rd party devices.

Details here: https://www.yeelight.com/download/Yeelight_Inter-Operation_Spec.pdf

YeeLight released their Smartthings groovy files;

Anyone able to get this going. Seems to be working with ST now. I've had a crack, but only set up Hubitat tonight, and have no idea what I'm doing yet .

We're going to release a built in version of this shortly. Chucks been working on this in his spare time, of which there isn't any, anyway he has the bits headed my way for final testing...

1 Like

Super! That is good news.

This integration will be in the next build.

1 Like

Is that today? Today, from memory is when the weekly updates get released? (At least today in this part of the world!)

Not today..., sorry, soon...

I'm debating getting 6 of these bulbs to place as my outside lights and run them for Christmas with changing colors throughout the night as opposed to buying hue bulbs almost 130 cheaper to go with yeelights. Just not sure if they are reliable

Wait until we get HE integration, which is real soon now (TM).

Any tips on the app?

The app found 2 of 2 yeelights, but only added one. The missing light is a light strip, which the app found and identified, but didnt add to the devices page.

It's possible we don't have a profile or information on the light strip. We had a few reference bulbs from Yeelight to work with and those are confirmed to work.

I have a note out to them to find out more information on other bulbs / devices that we may need additional information to get them to work.

Could be a spelling error in the code? strip//stripe

Alternatively, I can provide information you require??

Currently this integration supports the following:
Smart LED Bulb (tune-able white)
Smart LED Bulb (Color)
We will look into adding others as demand dictates.

I have a yeelight strip as well. I'd very much like it supported. If I can provide any device specific details to help, let me know.

We're attempting to get our hands on one...

So, I looked on amazon, and there are a bunch of different yeelight bulbs. They all look the same though. What does hubitat support? Yeelight color wifi bulbs, xiaomi also sells what looks to be the same thing. Also a follow up question, How responsive are these bulbs? If I set 3 in a group like I do with zigbee bulbs, will they popcorn worse than zigbee or be faster?

Xiaomi is the manufacturer of Yeelight products. The bulbs should be supported. I'd hold off on the ceiling light or led strip light for now.

1 Like