Yeelights

And what is the response time like? Good enough for motion on/off?

yes, response is very fast...

Not sure if everyone knows those Yeelight color are at $20, I think is the first time I seen them this cheap.

Maybe I have a bum one of those, but when it's in ct mode it is very loud, like cheap led on a dimmer loud...

I mean, they are probably cheap led's on a dimmer :smiley:

I almost pulled the trigger until I saw your response. For $3 more I can get another colored bulb using Zigbee.

I think you have a bad one, mine is quiet.

1 Like

I've noticed every 30 minutes a yeelight log appears in system events. I presume its because the app has found a yeelight strip for which it has no profile. any chance of getting this fixed or preferably adding the year light profile strip in.

It's actually verifying existing device addresses.
We are working on getting more devices to include.

1 Like

These are $14.99 right now: https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Yeelight-Dimmable-Equivalent-Compatible/dp/B077GCYCT7/

Showing out of stock, but it looks like you can still backorder.

Yep, I ordered 3 last week, arriving Monday, then ordered 3 more, arriving Jan 4 but this could be earlier, I have 8 installed and working perfectly.

Do they need a direct route to the hub?

What you mean? They are wifi but they work local with HE integration.

Right, okay. I got two threads confused. :smile:

Hello Hubitat and Yeelight folks!

I recently purchased a Yeelight/Mi Mijia Desk Lamp

https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/product/mijia-lamp

I really like this desk lamp. One of the reasons I purchased it is the open API. Now to my surprise, there's already Yeelight's API support in HE! What I realized quickly is that the Yeelights integration detects my desk lamp, identifies it, receives its configuration information, but then does not create a device instance for it. I expect that this has to do with the fact that the integration supports bulbs and not the desk lamp. Would it be possible to expand the integration to support this desk lamp? The API seems to be identical to the rest of the Yeelight products:

The integration app reports:

model=desklamp

support=get_prop set_default set_power toggle set_ct_abx set_bright start_cf stop_cf set_scene cron_add cron_get cron_del set_adjust set_ps get_ps set_name

It also reports all the rest of the expected configuration data including IP address, MAC address, ID, etc etc etc So I can confirm connectivity I just cannot get control working.

Thanks!
Richard

Could you try creating a virtual Yeelight CT bulb and adding the info?, device ID is MAC address of the lamp, all caps.

Don't bother, I just tried and failed...

What are the capabilities of this bulb?
Is it just a general dimmer?

@mike.maxwell β€” based on the support string I posted (quoted below) and what I know of the light itself, it supports just about everything a color temperature tunable bulb supports in addition to a few other features. Even if initially HE supports just color temperature adjustment, dimming, and on/off, it would be a huge addition to the automated home office!

Page 9 of the Yeelight Inter-Operation Spec unpacks the meaning of each of the support capabilities and how to interact with a so enabled device. It seems as though the HE integration already has the underlying capabilities as it supports these for other devices.

The Mi Desk lamp I own: https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/product/mijia-lamp

It looks to echo similar features/capabilities as Yeelight's "Tunable White" bulb: https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/product/lemon-ct

The desk utilizes the exact same API as the bulbs and I can confirm this as HE's integrated app reports connectivity. That's also where I got the model=desklamp and support=… strings.

Let me know if there's anything else I can share to assist in the process!

– Richard

How are we going with the Yeelight strip? @mike.maxwell

1 Like

I noticed these do a nice color temp gradient while turning on, like they start with a reddish warm white and ramp up to the desired color temp. Is this built into the bulbs, or is this your doing @mike.maxwell? Either way, it's a really nice touch.