Xhk1-ue keypad

I got the xhk1-ue keypad recently and i been reading and it seems while it is not officially supported some of gotten it it to work.

what was the steps you did for this? i cannot even get it to pair.

This is the keypad: TCH XHK1-TC or UEI XHK1-UE Keypad Battery Installation

Try the Centrallite Keypad driver. It looks just like the Xfinity 3400X

i cant even get the thing to be seen on pairing. any suggestions? i googled alot and couldnt not find anything.

Oh, if it won't pair then there probably isn't any hope. Did you try to pair as Zigbee?

I have two of these keypads working fine for me. I got them originally when I was on SmartThings. Here is a link to a page there that has the instructions for pairing them. Worked the same way for me on my Hubitat.

Hey Lelynch, did you have to use a port of the rboy ST driver to get these working with hubitat? or did they natively connect with the built in hubitat driver? Is keypad 100% functional?
TIA

This is a violation of rboys terms of service.
Hubitat cannot support discussions regarding porting his drivers to Hubitat.

1 Like

No porting of rboys driver. As @mike.maxwell says, rboys terms of service do not allow porting. I connected them natively to Hubitat without any issues and yes both keypads work 100% for me. They use the Centralite Keypad driver in Hubitat and the Lock Code Manager app to set codes. I provided that link only to help you see how to reset and pair them, not to imply using rboys driver.

Yikes the DMCA cops are after me-:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
sorry I didn't mean to imply any illegal or prohibited acts. I was mainly trying to confirm the ability of the keypad to work natively without any extra steps or "fancy typing"
Thanks for keeping me honest and answering my question.
@mike.maxwell thank you for keeping the best drivers free , a big part of why I left "stupidthings"

3 Likes

I think your safe from the cops. You shouldn't have to go into hiding! Haha :laughing: My keypads have been connected since around November of 2018 so that was several updates of the HE ago. I did originally have an issue with them beeping for periods after HSM changed state but after the last driver update that went away. I do have a third one of these Keypads that I was using for testing several months ago. I paired, removed and re-paired it several times during that time with no issues.

1 Like

If this device works correctly, I'll add a fingerprint for it, if you can provide it.
Does it pair as a device?

1 Like

I don't really remember for sure if it paired as a device or not. Likely it did. I'd have to remove one and see. They've been in place since last November. I'll get you the fingerprint though when I can do this.

1 Like

The spare Xfinity keypad I have is an XHK1-TC model. Below is what I get for that when pairing. It comes up as a Samsung Zigbee Button but it does work fine once you change the driver to Centralite Keypad. My other two are the XHK1-UE model. I'll have to pull one of those and remove and re-pair it sometime to get the info. Might be able to do that this weekend.

Samsung Zigbee Button

Label:

Save

ID: A79F

Manufacturer: Technicolor

Product Name:

Model Number: TKA105

deviceTypeId: 13

more...

manufacturer : Technicolor

idAsInt : 1

inClusters : 0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05

endpointId : 01

profileId : 0104

application : 00

outClusters : 0003,0019,0501,0B05

initialized : true

model : TKA105

stage : 4

1 Like

i'm in the market for a keypad right now and noticed the UE and TC versions - are they different at all? does the TC work for all intended purposes?

I have both and for me they work the same on Hubitat. There was a slightly annoying difference in the way the indicator lights worked on the TC version with ST but I don't see this on Hubitat.

do they all work as expected, meaning there is some sort of audible beep when the system is triggered, and they both reflect proper state? I would like 2 keypads ideally so don't want to deal with sync issues

thanks

Here is a description of how they work for me with them correctly setup in Hubitat and with HSM. Lock Code Manager is what I use to set codes. When you enter your code alone, this disarms and you will get a long beep and the bottom middle light turns green. Arming buttons at the top will not be lit. When you press an arming button (home, away or night) at the top first and then enter your code, it long beeps and the corresponding armed mode button lights up red along with the bottom middle light turning red. After a few seconds all lights turn off to save battery. It is motion sensitive so if you put your hand up to it, the lights will come back on again for a few seconds. I have two of these in use and regardless of which Keypad you use or even if you change HSM modes with a dashboard button or with the Hubitat, both of the keypads stay synch'd and show the correct state of HSM. The two I have in use are the UE models. My spare that I use for testing is a TC model but when it is correctly paired to Hubitat, it works the same as the UE models do. Also, if you have a delay set for arming or disarming, they beep during the countdown. Hope this covers what you are looking for. If you have other questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Here is the information from pairing the XHK1-UE model. It also shows up as a Samsung Zigbee Button initially.

Samsung Zigbee Button
Label:
Please Enter a Device Label
ID: 77CF
Manufacturer: Universal Electronics Inc
Product Name:
Model Number: URC4450BC0-X-R
deviceTypeId: 13
manufacturer : Universal Electronics Inc
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application :
outClusters : 0003,0019,0501
initialized : true
model : URC4450BC0-X-R
stage : 4

I just got 2 of these keypads and neither one is found when trying to pair. I'm assuming I'm just doing the regular "zigbee" pairing? is there something other than "insert batteries" that I have to do to pair it?

factory reset it first, then try again.