Wiz bulb built-in integration

Maybe someone assist me with why I'm getting hundreds of events with my RL groups and lighting schedules using wiz bulbs? It's in the hundreds per bulb and group. What should I do hunt down the reason. Clicking the error count only gives me error page.

oh yeah, much better!

Can you PM me your hub's id? I'll take a look at the engineering logs.

Just got an A21 White/Color bulb and used the iOS WiZ app to install it. It works from the app. Then I enabled the Wiz integration. It never finds the bulb. Is there a trick to this? Did I screw up setting it up through the iOS app? People mention firmware on the bulb but I don't see a firmware update or even how to update it. Sorry to ask so many questions, but I can't seem to get started with HE and Wiz.

More info. I verified that the bulb is on my local wifi network. I tried removing the Wiz Integration and reinstalling it. Device Discovery doesn't find the bulb.

MAC and Hub ID sent via PM. Thank you.

More info for @gopher.ny (or anyone). This one bulb is pingable from the network test tool.

But, the Wiz Discovery doesn't discover it. Trying everything I can think of.

OK. Actually found the instructions and I did exactly this.
Philips Wiz Wi-Fi Wiz Connected Smart LED Light Bulb

Join instructions

1. Use Wiz smartphone app to set up the bulb on the local network.
  2. Test bulb functionality using app.
  3. Click Install App button below to install Wiz integration.
  4. Enable Wiz integration if it is disabled.
  5. Click Start device discovery and wait. Integration app should find the bulb in 30 seconds or less.

But it doesn't work.

Is it in the same VLAN as the hub?

The hub is 192.168.4.126 and the bulb is 192.168.4.247. Yep. But, no dice. Thanks for jumping in. I've been banging my head on this all morning. To be direct though, my network is on EERO and eero doesn't support VLAN at all anyway.

Does EERO route multicast between the wired (Hub) and wireless (bulb) segments of the LAN?

It must as the Lifx and Kasa integrations work perfectly. Interestingly, I just loaded the community Wiz Light driver and it worked immediately. SO, it must be the new native integration that is broken. Or I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

LIFX does use multicast. I don't think Kasa discovery does - but I could be wrong. But yeah, if LIFX works, Wiz should.

Coincidentally, I've just installed an eero mesh system at home, and found that Wiz discovery doesn't work on it, at all. There will be a fix in the next 2.3.3 update to address the issue.

3 Likes

Weird. Thanks. Iā€™m pretty technical and this one stumped me.

Allow local communication in the wiz app. That worked for me.

1 Like

Does anyone know or can figure out a way to send in RM or Button controller the option Set Warm White Led Level.

I came across a hack (bug) last night, when utilizing that attribute it allows us to get further dimmability than the standard "set level". Setting a normal level between 1-10 will always default to 10. That is the lowest level the bulbs will go down to without turning off or defaulting back to 10. If you set the regular level to 0 and then select this attribute and set it to "10" it dims the bulb even further than just setting the level to 1-10 and a color temperature. I'd like to utilize this attribute at night for night light mode. The same is true for Set Cold White Led Level.

I've attempted to utilize "set custom action" to push the level to the attribute and tried all 3 parameter types (integer, decimal, string) for the value, but it did not work.

In the native Wiz app, that option isn't even available and the bulb has a preset called Unknown with a green glow. Definitely a bug or hack as RL shows the level is set to 0 when capturing current status of the bulb. Either-way, I want to exploit it if it allows me to gain more control of tuning the Kelvin.

Has anyone come up with a way to use the Up and Down buttons on a Pico to brighten/dim a WiZ device? I've tried a few things (using Button Controller), but nothing has worked yet. I'd also like to use the Favorite button to cycle through colors and/or white temperatures (just need to figure out how to send nextScene) if that would be possible. Thanks...

I'm not seeing how to control scenes in any group of WIZ color bulbs. I had the community driver but removed that and went with the new internal WIZ Integration. It seems a proper WIZ group control is needed now.

Also we need a WIZ Dimmer or Control template that has the Scene drop down menu