Wiz bulb built-in integration

I think some of my bulbs are back to not responding anymore. It seems like they work for a while, then sometimes they stop all together (but still can be controlled by the other driver).

I experienced the same issue. When I switched back to user driver and then back to built-in. I received an error.

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: WizRGBWLight.getCurrentStatus() is applicable for argument types: () values: (method getCurrentStatus)

Had to switch it to the user driver to get it to be responsive again.

Check out 2.3.3.130, the "can't control device after a while" issue was idenitified and should be resolved.

4 Likes

Testing now...

Update: seems happy so far (2 days now)

I was having a really ruff time. I finally did a full power cycle by shutting down the hub and then unplugging it from the wall for a min. It has worked pretty well for days now.

2.3.3.132, just released, has updates for Wiz integration. Its reliability should be improved compared to 2.3.3.130.

1 Like

Sweet. I did have one bulb become unresponsive. After the update, all of them seem to be working.

1 Like

Hello
Does anyone know if the wiz functionality has been smoothed out in the most recent hubitat update? I’m thinking about enabling the integration and removing the virtual wiz devices I created with the user drivers. Thank you !

Can this do the progressive Wakeup and dynamic Sunset scenes?

These worked in the community driver, but I just bought some additional bulbs and added them using the built-in driver and the Sunset turns a neon green yellow, while Wakeup seems to be static

Working fine by me. I don't use the built in scenes from WIZ, so can't comment on that.

I do have some issues from time to time where a bulb here and there will not respond to turning off in a group. I ended up making a RM rule to command fullRefresh on the bulbs hourly and a rebootBulb on them twice a day. Seemed to have corrected the issue.

1 Like

It seems that it has gotten allot better with the most recent releases.

If you do have any kind of hiccup i would suggest a full power off and restart. I have 6 bulbs and prior to 132 I couldn't get them all to work at the same time. After 132 and a full power cycle my dev was working fine with all of them for days.

1 Like

I guess I'll give it a go. The only reason that I want to change to the built in integration is to see if setting the bulb level with a variable will work. Right now, when I use a variable in a rule to set the level, it will change for a second and then go back to the previous level. Seems I have to use a variable to set the level in any bulb (lifx, hue, zigbee bulbs). when I'm using "pick a color" in a rule the set level option doesn't work, keeps going to 100%. I'm ok with using a variable to set the level in that instance but setting the level via variable doesn't work with the current wiz user driver. thank you

Mine are kind of working.
They generate excessive events though and respond very slowly.
Can I manually adjust the events?

Grab 2.3.3.135, just released. We've been making incremental progress on the integration based on feedback, and latest version includes a couple of fixes that should help.

Thank you!

If I enable the integration, I assume it will create new wiz devices from pulling them into hubitat from wiz. Will I still have control over the virtual wiz devices im currently using?
If I decide, Can I disable the wiz integration and easily go back to using the user driver?

It will scan local network for Wiz devices.

If you're referring to Wiz iOS or Android app, yes. If you're referring to the community integration, I have no idea.

Yes, built-in integration creates its own devices. In 2.3.3.135, they get deleted when integration app is deleted. That was not the case in earlier versions.

I barely use the wiz app, I control them all with the community driver And they all work well. I would rather have the integration and if I enable the integration I hope it wouldn’t delete the current wiz devices I’m using. If the integration gives problems, I would like to disable it, delete the devices it created and go back to using the ones I’m using now with the community driver. If the integration doesn’t cause problems, I’ll delete the community driver and devices.

Im sorry, im trying to explain it the best I can

Built-in integration knows nothing about community one, so it doesn't mess with it (and vice versa). Download a backup as a "known good" checkpoint if you want to have a Plan B. The integration is entirely database driven/controlled.

Thank you that’s how I was figuring it, I appreciate the help from all! I’m still learning HE and loving it so far, coming from Smartthings.

1 Like

It doesn't. Duplicate devices are created. Both still work.

1 Like