[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

The other forum topic I've posted in about thermostat tiles indicates they should be fixed. If you try cool mode all works well on tiles most likely. That indicates it's a bug at hubitat side rather than this integration I hope

Working again after the last hubitat update. I Like that it can be set to increment as 1 degree c

1 Like

Unfortunately not working for me. Just updated and while cooling is adjustable in 1 degree C steps, that's still not the case for heating :cry:
Heating commands don't get recognized as a result...

The previous update had that for me. The latest, as in a day ago, works for heat now to. V2.2.8.143

Are you doing it through a browser, so maybe a cache thing?

1 Like

Just tried through the app and you're 100% correct! Working perfectly now so must be a caching thing as when I tested it originally, I was indeed going through a browser.
Thx @peterbrown77.pb!

1 Like

I'm very glad this is resolved and wasn't a problem with the integration of broadlink..

Was thinking the other day, that if @cybrmage was still here that it could have saved me 200 Australian dollars and not bought a sensibo Air for my garage AC (that replaced a broadlink device) that doesn't have a profile in this integration (and for some reason I couldn't learn the off command either)..

It made me realise that that dollars could have gone into his pocket instead to support his work here. I know that he declined any donations I offered him before he left, and likely wasn't allowed here anyway, but it got me thinking how much value his work has been to me.

Yeah definitely a shame as I think this would be quite the popular addon. It already is quite good and popular of course, but could have gotten even better with more supported devices. I wouldn't have minded the possiblity of being able to rename IR or RF codes after they have been learnt either :wink:

FWIW and in case it helps someone, I did not have any success with the built-in Fujitsu codes with my Fujitsu splits but managed a workaround of sorts. With the way the app/drivers were originally written, I would have had to basically learn every single IR command for every Split system even though all my 6 Fujitsus are identical! I was never going to learn about 200 codes per split, so 1200 total!! :sweat_smile:

I mean, even learning 200 is a hassle in itself, but I was willing to go through that effort if it meant I was able to use them across all 6 splits and would be able to use the thermostat tile.
To make that happen, I copied and edited the Generic protocol specifically for the sole purpose of my Fujitsu splits so that I could have differently named HVAC devices that all used the same protocol and the same set of IR commands rather than having to learn the full set of IR commands for each seperate (though identical) HVAC device.

I have been successful with the Off command btw, but I have also edited the code to send the IR code 3 times every time to make sure and that has certainly helped.
The only problem I have, weirdly enough, is that turning a split system on isn't as reliable: it does fine for 4 out of the 6, but 2 very rarely respond. The strange thing about it is that once I turn those 2 on via the physical remote, it then goes on to receive all the other commands perfectly. At first I thought it was just the location of the IR blaster, but I even had my RM mini connected on a battery pack sat straight in front of the unit and it still wouldn't do anything... If not for this annoyance, I'd now have a fully functiona, HE controlled system!

I didn't know about the Sensibo air but it looks like a neat little device. Would've set me back $1,200 for the 6 splits though, so I'm happy to have done the workaround :smiley:
Maybe @cybrmage is the one who developed what I would imagine is a pretty broad set of IR protocols housed in this Sensibo if they claim it works with any IR controlled split system and that's why he didn't continue support here?! :joy:

Sensibo use of all air cons is a little far stretched I feel. Their 200 dollar device is really just a ir only broadlink with more development into the library they have. Plus a cloud server. They climate React function can easily be achieved in rule machine.. Actually one more bonus is the device also detects if you use the remote and updates the state which is the major bonus (not that I care because my remote are locked away).

I'd prefer broadlink to be honest as this integration works locally so faster, less demand on the hub (sensibo integration does use a fair amount of resources) and you can choose any temp sensor as feedback. if cybrmage stayed I'm sure his data base would be "works with all ac" as he added the second Hitachi profile based on my remote only..

I have 5 Fujitsu units using the basic Broadlink app (not the HVAC app) along with my own Minisplit app.

In the Broadlink Device Manager app the "Import codes from child devices" button, solves this issue saving the codes in the device manager app for use with all IR devices when command not found in device driver. I use a subset of ~16 IR codes to handle cool, heat, fan, dry, and off. Also added a bit of code to the Broadlink device driver deleting unwanted IR codes.

Same here. Changing my mini-split code 10 days ago to double issue the mini-split IR command improved overall system reliability. No longer experiencing units failing to turn off, on, or change modes.

There are way too much posts in this thread and I've read them all. :sweat:
So for any newcomers to this thread, I've found the Broadlink App and Driver here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pMOEqqaLw_gm9yrFJ0zFccHqe1F7EEud/view

Carefully(!) follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. Once you've setup your wifi credentials on your RM3, you don't need the IHC/Broadlink app anymore.

It works really fast and (so far) reliable! But auto. "Learn IR/RF Code" doesn't work for me, so I need to add the codes manually:

Here's how to do that

Step 1
Manually Learn IR/RF Codes:
Hubitat > Devices > Broadlink Device > Tap Learn IR/RF

Point IR/RF Remote to the device and press the desired button.
On the right side in the 'Current States' section copy the CodeData: "XXXXX"

Step 2
Manually Save IR/RF codes:
Hubitat > Apps > [Broadlink Device Manager (BETA)] > Code Management: Remote Codes > Manually add IR/RF codes

Give it a name (the name will activate the code) and paste the CodeData below.

Step 3
Add button to dashboard (don't forget to first add/activate your device on your dashboard!):

Device: Broadlink
Template: Button
Button Number: <Enter the name you saved in step 2>
Button Command: empty

And your done, hope this helps and saves you some time :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi all, been noticing that across all my devices (minis and RM pro) that IR codes aren't getting sent at times. Sometimes it's like they bunch up and then will be blurted out all at once. Don't know if it's related to the latest HE updates so just checking in to see if anyone else is experiencing the same?

It's most obvious to me because I've duplicated a TV remote control via a HE dash so when I'm switching channels or changing volume this would usually work fine and quite immediately, but now it's behaving quite differently.
I might be scrolling through Netflix for example and everything is working just fine, then no commands will come through for 20 seconds or so and all of a sudden it will start blasting the majority of the commands I just tried making me jump everywhere in Netflix.
Sometimes the commands I try to send when it 'freezes' just get lost as well and don't get sent out in a big burst...

Tried rebooting the hub and unplugged an replugged all my blasters but nothing changes. Only thing I can think of that changed recently is the HE hub FW...

On 2.2.8.152 is anyone else getting
[error] (installedapp/configure/2433)java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method size() on null object on line 485 (method DiscoveryPage) and line 592? Your line numbers may vary.

Not sure when it began or if it's related to 2.2.8, however I got around it by making the following code "null safe".

dCodes.size()
to
dCodes?.size()

1 Like

I am relatively new to this app and thought i would give it a try.
First, it is sad that cybrmage had to abandon this great project, but I am glad to see that this community has continued to improve it.
I went through all the bells and whistles to install .50 and .51 and could not get it to learn any IR codes.
Then I reset my RM4 pro+, and the app would not learn anything either!
Thought my RM4 had failed, but wait!.....

Through my playing around, I noticed that it would occasionally learn a code IF I tilted the RM4?!?!?
Then I tried holding a piece of cardboard above it while sending a code AND IT TOOK THE CODE FIRST TRY!!!
That told me that something was sending garbage IR and swamping the detector in the RM4.

Long story short... my Galaxy S8 was sitting across the room, face up (towards the ceiling), and it has an IR emitter in it, pretty strong also.
The RM4 was seeing the IR from it and getting confused when an IR code was being sent.
I found this out by opening my RM4 and hanging a scope on the IR detector to see what it was "seeing" and there it was! Constant pulses from my S8!

Now, my RM4 and this driver/app learns IR codes first button press!!! works like a dream!!
Now I just need to find out how to map the codes to a button, but that will come.

Thanks for keeping this driver/app alive and improving it!

2 Likes

I just wanted to add to my post...
IF you are having problems with your Broadlink IR learning codes, it MAY be your phone or tablet that you are using.
Check to see if your device has an IR emitter and if it is running, even if no apps are open that could turn it on.
I think my S8 has presence detection running and I believe it uses the IR emitter/detector built into the phone.
I used another tablet's camera to "see" the IR emitter also, and YES it was blinking away!

1 Like

I'll add that my RM Minis will occasionally decide to change IP numbers. This will break the device setup where the IP is listed. Just change the IP to match the new device number, no need to relearn codes or alter other settings.

Have you not reserved the IP Address for them?

Yes, IP were reserved during initial installation. The mini tends to toggle between 2 specific IP numbers, so I reserved both. It has happened about a half-dozen times since first setup on HE in early 2020.

I'm having the same issue. What did you change line 592 to?

I haven’t had any problem with my 2 minis. I did have a similar issue with a raspberry pi zero I was setting up this weekend, I would reserve an IP address, but each time it booted up, it showed a different MAC address and used a different IP.

Some Wifi range extenders will change MAC addresses. I had that happen with a TPlink.