[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

Ok thanks, bond may be easier as I’m a noob

I can't find the drivers, where are they?

The dev removed them from his Google drive and doesn’t post here in the forum anymore. No explanation why.

and no one can pass it to me?

There are differing opinions on whether anyone but the dev has the right to distribute his code after he removed the only previously publicly accessible link. This is a long thread, but take a closer look through it and maybe you’ll find something.

Well, I'll run out of it, thanks friend

1 Like

Anyone know how cybermage made the ac profiles for hvac? I know he learnt a few codes, then decoded what was what, then put the method to create them in the driver.. Beyond my knowledge..

Such a shame cybermage left.. Was Such a helpful contributor. He created the Hitachi profile based on my remote. Seems my new Hitachi has different ir commands.. I've looked at the code and have some idea.. Just not enough to execute it.

No one knows why, but apparently he did something similar in the Vera forum in the past as well. Unlikely we’ll ever get an explanation.

Anyone's hvac devices with these drivers now go in 0.1 degree increments (I'm in celcius) and change if temp in tiles don't seem to change the ac temp. Device page changes it though.

User to be 0.5 degree changes and those changes on a tile sent the new temperature.

Nothing has changed as far as a I know.. Maybe a hub update as the drivers haven't been changed in ages, well since cybrmage left.

Yes, I’ve seen the same issue. I suspect this is due to a platform change. I’ll investigate a bit…

1 Like

Thanks that'd be great.

I tried a few things and noticed 2 new issues on my setup.

1. Changing the temperature now results in the following error:

2. There also seems to be something happening that requires a reboot of the Broadlink device to resolve. It seems to be a separated issue, but when it occurs, no commands get sent from the device. The log shows:

Both of those I suspect will require someone to look at the code to see if the source of the problem can be identified…

From what I can tell, a temperature change can only be sent along with a cooling command - The temperature needs to be changed, then a command to power off, move to fan, etc. When the unit is started again with the new temperature, I think it gets set properly.

Yes I noticed that I had the same error when I turned debug on.

I tried that temp change and then mode change on the tile. Broadlink device transmits the ir code, but the device page doesn't reflect the new temp... But I haven't looked into that much more to check if the tile temp is recieved by the air con (easily checked if I set it to 32 degrees) so will do that over the next day.

1 Like

Seems the increments and temperature not being sent from a tile is a common problem... That should be resolved soon.

I reverted to 2.2.7 until the thermostat tile issue is resolved. My home cooling system is 5 dumb Fujitsu mini splits, controlled with various external zigbee temperature sensors, 5 Broadlink Mini3s, this driver, the average temperature app, 5 virtual thermostat devices, a thermostat dashboard, and some Groovy code.

BTW as mentioned in the 2.2.8 release notes: when reverting to 2.2.7, restoring the database to a 2.2.7 backup is required. This is due to the Rule Machine app being renamed to Rule Machine Legacy in 2.2.8 and perhaps other changes.

1 Like

Occasionally I noticed this error in 2.2.7 and considered adjusting the Broadlink driver's code to reissue the command when a UDP error occurred, but I never had to reboot the IR device. However, since I also had some situations where there was no device error, but the Mini-Split did not respond to the command, I changed my minisplit app code to double issue the IR command, with the second command delayed by two seconds.

1 Like

I've got contact sensors (SmartThings multi) on the louvres of the split and have loops based on the state of the sensor to check its opened or closed. So mine occasionally tries multiple times to send the commands.

1 Like

I was aware of that method, and feel it is a great solution for the failed command problem as long as the unit is switching from on (fan/cool/dry/heat)/off or off/on state.

The way my units are programmed, they change states based upon temperature from off, fan, dry, then cool, and vice versa creating an issue when using contact sensors to verify the command was accepted. However adding an interim "off" command, with a delay between steps, mitigates that problem.

2 Likes

Count me as another one where the tile is broken :frowning:
I'm on 2.2.8.141 and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Also, the thermostat tile now allows you to set the "Temperature Adjustment Increment" but nothing I set it to changes the behaviour. It always goes up in 0.1 steps (Celsius) regardless of what I set the tile setting to where before it was fixed at 0.5.
It's great that we get to choose the adjustment increment as I much prefer it to go in 1 degree steps, but it has to work of course!

Let's hope HE can rectify without us having to edit Cybermage's code.