[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

That is very odd. A couple of potential causes I can think of (and reasons they are probably not the cause…):

1. RM3 is defective - You tried several devices and they all had the same issue…
  2. Code became corrupt for whatever reason - you reverted to the earlier, so that shouldn’t be it
  3. Hub cannot reach the RM3 - you are able to learn IR codes, so there has to be a two-way connection, to initiate the learning and to receive the codes
  4. Hubitat hub has an issue - if rebooting doesn’t do anything, maybe it is a corrupted database. If that were the case, downloading a backup and restoring it might resolve the problem. Any chance you might have another Hub to test with? Are you on the latest platform version? (2.2.6.140)

That is all I can think of right now… Hopefully item 4. Will help…?

Thank you for the response.

I think there is a problem with the broadlink Manager app.
I tried the standalone configuration through a virtual device and it worked.
I got back again to the broadlink manager app and it stopped working...
so I deleted the app and rebooted the hub, added the app but still didn't work.

I'll stick with the standalone configuration for now.

Regarding another hub, I will be ordering several hubs for work purposes.

I guess I'll try the broadLink Manager App once I receive the goods.

Il keep you posted with any update

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Hey dear!

Hope all is well...

Just wanted to update you, I tested my RM devices and going back and forth with my testing, i found out that the Broadlink Manager App is not functioning well on newer Hubitat versions.

Following what has been said, i ended up going back to 2.2.5.131 version so everything could work smoothly...

I'm not a programmer nor a developer, so I cant really identify the problem in the newer versions to solve it...

Hope this will be a head start for anyone interested in solving this issue for later versions.

Best regards!

Can you please provide specific details?

Hello dear!

Yes for sure, i went to the diagnostic tools of the hub and went to restore older version section and chose 2.2.5.131 and downgraded the hub to this version and it started working smoothly...
If you are on your latest version of Hubitat, you can find the diagnostic tool in the settings of the hub. If not, go to the Hub Ip address and port 8081 EX:192.168.0.250:8081.

Hope this is up for your assistance.

Best regards,

1 Like

Yes, the procedure for reverting to an older version is well documented.

What were the details on the problems you saw with the Broadlink app under HE 2.x > 2.5, and what version of HE were you using, exactly?

Unexpected error message popped up when i tried to go in the Broadlink Manager APP...

In the picture are the two versions which gave me the error.
I dont recall exactly what it said since im not a developer nor a programmer, but if you would solve it, ill gladly go throigh the update again and send you a screenshot of the error

So I also recieved an unknown error. I tried to add a new RM pro in the app, and as soon as I hit the device management button I got the error. It would add the device and link it to the app, but the device management page kept the error, meaning you couldn't delete or add any other broadlinj devices.

After a bunch of messing around I found out I needed to add 1 code to each remote in the driver page. Syncing the remotes was the fastest way, but I don't want codes in my driver's section as they can't be deleted from there. So I manually learned and saved a code in each device page and everything seems to be working properly now.

1 Like

Hi All
I have just received a RM4 Mini and have tried to configure.
But first I found the Hubitat-Broadlink_v0.50 and then added App and Driver code
Installed the User App.
On first run it found the device and said it was unsupported and locked.
In the iPhone App I unlocked the RM4 Mini.
Second attempt it found the device and was not locked but was still unsupported.
I noticed the code: 0x648D so I have attempted to add this to both driver and application code as follows:

So following this the device appeared to be supported:

App1

I was able to click to configure

App2

But selecting done resulted in this error message:

Logs have:

Any assistance would be great.

Budjik

This is the exact issue that my previous post, right above yours, takes care of. Give it a try and let me know how it worked for you

Thank you Steve,
Yes I found your post and it has behaved better with the manual entry.

I was going to reply that I made further progress with the RM4 Mini and have also added a RM4 Pro.

I have used the ? to not except on some null objects.

There was an earlier post (357) by KNR which helped me as well, here is a snippet:

What I found is that 0x5f36 throws either 0xfffb or 0xfff6 when the driver tries to poll for learnt code without anything ready yet. If you have the latest driver version (0.50), you could replace line 977 from

} else if (payload[0] == 4) {

to

} else {

to fix the issue.

I would like to find the time to actually debug and fix the code for the version 4 but I'm new to groovy and this type of debugging.

Budjik

What method did you use to unlock your rm4. Was it the IHC app?

I ask because I too got an rm4 mini but I had no success unlocking it. So I ended up buying an older pro3 which works fantastic. It's also compatible with the older econtrol app and the Tasker RM plugin for Android, which the RM4 is not.

@cybrmage Would this rm pro+ work? The picture, not description BroadLink RM4 RM Pro WiFi IR RF Universal Remote Control with Alexa Google Home | eBay

Cybermage isn't here any more so won't get a reply from him nor any updates.

I have that rm pro+ and it works fine. It's not actually the rm4 from my understanding. This shape works locally. It's the other shaped one that can be cloud locked.

Thank you, I decided to go with bond

I was wondering can you set up devices in the broadlink app or do you have to through the integration

If you want the RM Pro to learn IR codes and use them within Hubitat, they need to be learned via the App or the driver.

Is it easy to do? Say I have an rf fan. I record on/off/fast, then I can assign those commands to a fan? Then the app will syc that fan to the Hubitat driver, then a fan will show in Hubitat?

It can take a few tries, but you have the concept. I did what you described using rule machine.