[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

link is not working

Unfortunately as the thread title indicates, public access to this code was removed by its developer.

Take a look around post 289

I got all but one of my devices to work. However, I cannot get Broadlink to control my AV Receiver. The problem is that I don't have the original remote for the receiver and am trying to use a Harmony 650 remote to teach the Broadlink. The Harmony 650 controls the device great but none of the learned commands work from the Harmony work when using Broadlink. Any ideas (not Hubitat problem)?

Hi All,

I am new to HE and automation and have started out with a few plugs and have now moved on to install this Broadlink customisation. I have installed the apps and drivers available in post 289 according to the instructions in this thread. I think it works fine, but I have a few questions:

• Is there a way to get the status/current settings of the air source heater/AC unit? Or is there a dashboard I can create or download to see this info? Or is there another way to verify the codes I am sending to the HVAC unit?

• Am I correct in assuming that I cannot see the air heater in HE? I.e. the RM Pro will represent the heater in HE, but the heater it self will not be represented?

• I installed the virtual thermostat as per the instructions and created a button for the thermostat. The button seems to want to show two properties but both mine are currently "unknown" (Unknown mode and unknown fan mode). When I set up the Broadlink connection I recorded lots of heater commands (on, off, mode: heat, mode: cold, etc). Is there a way to use those already set in the thermostat or how do I set up thee values that the thermostat requires?

Thanks for having taken the time to read my question.

Not that I'm aware of. The ir for ac is only one way communications. Can determine if its blowing warm or cold air to determine the mode but that's it.

Not sure what you mean by this.

You need to define the temperature sensors in the hvac device page. You also need to click simulate or determine the mode (or something like that) for it to use the two temperature sensors defined in the hvac device page.

1 Like

Sorry for the unclear question. When I did the setup of the Broadlink in the app, I first added the Broadlink device and then I added the heater as a separate device. I think I just assumed that the setup in the HE hub would be analog to that, i.e. that I would set up first the Broadlink device and then the heater as a separate device. But as I understand it, it is only the RM Pro that is set up in HE, not the heater as such. Instead of seting up the heater, the heater (and other devices presumably) commands are set up in the Broadlink device. Hope I managed to explain the question more clearly?

Okej, thanks. At the moment I only have temperature sensors outside so I will have to come back to this setup.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience.

Now I understand what you mean. In hubitat it is different. You create the broadlink device using these drivers and apps. That is a device now. You learn the heater commands in the new device and save them with meaningful names. You then create a virtual device that represents your heater or create individual button for each command (eg a switch for power, a button for temperature up etc. If it's a fan you can create a virtual fan)

then use rule machine to make things happen. Having your virtual device as a trigger and sending your broadlink code as custom/actuator/string as an action. For the air con/hvac, well that's a little more refined with the drivers provided as they are virtual hvac units.

1 Like

I did a rule to control the air heater/AC controlled via Broadlink and this app, and basically RM4 or the app adds NULL to a string where I don't see why it should. I am using the SendStoredCode command with the string (ON) which results in (ON, NULL, NULL, NULL). When I run the rule I get an error indicating an error with a NULL object.

Has this happened to you or do you have a theory why this happened?

I posted it in Apps support, but maybe it is not rule machine but this app that creates the NULL strings, so I'll place a link here (Please leave any comments in the other post to keep the thread in one place).

I've had this happen trying to use a "teachable" remote to teach other teachable remotes too. You might see if you can find a $5 universal remotes at Wally world that has your codes and use that. It might work better.

I'm having some trouble naming the codes to work on the generic RC HVAC

It may be withdrawn, but I just tried v.50 with my RM Mini 3's and it works a treat :smiley: Thank you to the OP even if it had to be withdrawn.

Unfortunately the developer left the forum followed by withdrawing his code. Shame as he was an asset to the community and very helpful. Something happened behind the scenes we weren't aware of.

1 Like

I’m stuck with RF learning. First my garage door is giving the error Code Format not recognized. This is the code read by broadlink app in hubitat: B12A1C000B0B17160C0B17170D00018A0B0B17160B170B160C0B17170B0B1716000000000000000000000000

The other topic is related to TC2-1 Broadlink wall switch. Somebody here successfully add one of those to HE via this amazing app? @cybrmage if you see this I beg you to help me! This is the only part of my home I was not able to migrate from SmartThings

I found that sometimes my Rf remotes either take multiple times of learning to get a code that is correct, or sometimes another device learns much better than my one that sits outside. I have the rm pro inside, but think the outside one is the pro+ which doesn't seem to learn as well.

I know you're learning ir, but just in case you have more than one broadlink device as you can learn on one device and then still use the other device seeing I find it's only learning that can be a challenge.

Try the e-control app, ihc, ihc eu, broadlink app. Can you add the RF codes?
If you can add them to the e-control app then install this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.originally.tasker, you can refund the 1ste 15 minutes, so try the lite first.
1)Import codes from e-control in the app rmplugin app
2)activate http
3)Then you can put your http://yourdeviceIPadress/codes
You will find the codes imported, I don't know if the RF codes will be there too, I guess they will.

Then import the codes into broadlink hubitat app, and test if they work in a rule.

Watch out that RF is a radio frequency meaning there could be interference like metal or long distances.

1 Like

Thankfully I've managed to learn all my commands eventually, just some with some minor challenges. But your Idea is definitely a good one to keep in mind.

I own the Rm plugin plus half of Joao apps as my automation was mainly tasker before... Now my broadlink stuff has predominantly moved over to hubitat once I found out this driver existed (was previously using the rm plugin server and tasker as the middle man for a while and some still remain as I've been lazy).

1 Like

Happened at the begining and part of the codes I used one of the minis to learn some of the IR codes needed on the Pro. I just pop up the learning box and when the mini show the IR code, then copy pasted to a notepad then added manually to the Pro.

My current set up is x1 RM pro and x3 RM Mini but the Pro always presented as a challenge to br managed. At first it keeps falling the connection and reporting himself as a missing decive upon adding it to hubitat via Brodlink app

I will try this tonight! Thanks @_RiC. Weird case: this very same RF garage remote I take a shot and installed this app just to see if is possible to operate/stay on hubitat and the app simultaneously and ot passed the test! Now I opening this door via the app.

I’ll borrow my son’ tablet to try out what @_RiC suggested and my second option is to conmect this to a virtual push button using alexa or IFTTT.

On the case of alexa wich one is the correct skill to work with this app?