Wireless Tags

Greetings,

I'm trying to get this working with my 5 wireless tags. It's mostly for room temperature monitoring. When I run the app code:

I get an error in the browser that says "missing authentication token."

Here are the logs

2 Likes

Have you considered using IFTTT instead of something custom?

I did, but I’ve never been impressed enough with IFTTT to go though all the process of setting it up. It seemed very singular in approach compared to RM and webCoRE. I think I’m going to give up on the Wireless Tags altogether and setup a few Visonic contact sensors as temperature monitors. Then I don’t have any cloud connectivity or coding issues to sort out. The tags and the webCoRE presence sensor were the only things keeping my ST hub alive. I figured out how to move the presence sensor to the HE and turning off the tags means I can finally turn off the ST hub. So, all-in-all, it seems like a better approach that’s more inline with local processing.

BTW: I think you code work is great I constantly refer to it as I continue to learn how to program in java.

1 Like

Would love to see this integration move forward. I use Wireless Tags in my Fridge and Freezer to monitor temps. Not uncommon for someone to leave the door open and the temps go up fast! I can get warnings from IFTTT but to be able to SEE the temps in HE would be awesome.

I'm also messing around with the moisture tags. Setting up a system to tell my wife when she needs to water the plants, lol. But would need to use the info in webCoRE. :slight_smile:

Any takers in trying to get this code working? Swanny's working ST code can be found here:

Got to worth a beer or two (donation) to someone?? :wink:

i'll throw in a beer or other alcoholic drink. I use them the same way.. in the fridge / freezer and area above garage to know if I have to worry about pipes freezing. my elevation arrives thursday :slight_smile:

I will be porting this at some point. Although I'm using my own heavily modified version of swanny's driver. I use for humidity only and modified primarily to reduce arming and disarming and frequency of scans to max out battery life.

It's possible the web api will allow local calls.
https://store.wirelesstag.net/blogs/news/tagged/url-calling

I didn't see a local method in their current APi documentation. I'll probably email them.

That is great!! I'm more than happy to donate and help troubleshoot! I have 5 of them running through my ST hub now to and I use the HE hub link to connect to the virtual drivers. I use them to keep the house temperature balanced (tell me which vents I need to open/close). This is the only reason I have the ST hub now.

The only thing I still use the wireless tags for are soil moisture sensors in our house plants. These things work awesome, no more dead plants, lol. Would be great to get that info into Hubitat for announcements.

This looks like it would be a great start...
https://store.wirelesstag.net/blogs/news/tagged/api

So, I contacted support. No go on local access so we are looking at a cloud solution limiting access. I use mine for humidity (cigars) and temp only. Extremely accurate.

If there are just a few of us, could everyone list capabilities and sensor type? Swanny went pretty deep into the multitude of sensors and I’ll try to work on this as time allows...I’m still in the midst of migration and learning some HE specifics.

Me:
MotionHTU x 5
Relative Humidity, Temperarure, Battery

Me:
Tag w/13b Temperature rev. 6F x 5
Temperature only

I'm only using the Wireless Water/Moisture Sensors.

But what specific capabilities? Most of their sensors have upwards of 10 capabilities (motion, contact, etc). If you look in Swannys smartthings handlers, go through the list and see what you actually use.

Wireless Water/Moisture Sensors

capability "Water Sensor"
capability "Relative Humidity Measurement"
capability "Battery"

WirelessTagsMotion.Groovy
Tag w/13b Temperature rev. 6F x 5

capability "Temperature Measurement"
capability "Battery"

Appears we have minimal common needs. I'm glad to hear nobody is using the motion or contact like features, not that they are bad, but it simplifies the volume of stuff to get up and going. I just "fully moved over" from ST about a week ago so I'm still tweaking driver and rule elements as a priority. I have one more drive that I'll port and then I'll tackle the swanny Tag repo. That would be my first driver\app requiring API elements, but I'm sure I'll get it going fairly quick

1 Like

@beedix77. Hope all is well with ya. Just curious how you are doing and if there is anything we can do to help you.

Nope, it's still on the list for me to tackle unless someone gets to it first, but I've been distracted a bit.

Got migrated over from ST, ported a couple drivers and have two more to go. Then i'm close to tackling this one. It would be my first cloud based port so I expect some learning curve, but given nobody is using the motion features, it should be pretty straightforward for sensors with minimizing battery use only.

@beedix77 Hey there. Just dropping by to see if you need any testers for this. Hope all is well.

Testers? Absolutely. But not for this app :slight_smile: I got a couple consulting projects that has pretty much delayed my progress on this. Those could use testers! It might be a month or two more.

I haven't had time to look at it, when I was looking at homebridge plugins, I saw plugins for tapping into these WirelessTags using the same API as swanny implemented. I've not played with the hubitat homebridge effort but I wonder if there is a path there...

About 75% of the swanny ST driver is related to arming and disarming motion events that are included on most of their Temp sensors and I doubt hubitat users would be doing motion sensing through a cloud service. You don't need to port the "app". The sensor related capabilities are polled, so all the event notification structure goes bye bye. As I recall, it looked pretty straight forward I'd think from a porting perspective. I'm not even sure porting is really needed. If you took the most basic hubitat driver example that polled every X seconds, you could cut and paste the swanny functions that wrap the Wireless Tag API's and the parsing. Ideally, you would add settings for polling frequency and maybe do a virtual child driver sort of structure, but to get up and running you could do driver per wirelesstag. Anywho, hopefully one of these days.

Ever make any progress with this? I use one tag to measure humidity and temp in my attic and then use a long set of rules to compare to outside humidity and temp to turn on and off my attic vent fans. I also use one in my deep freeze to alert me if it fails or the kids leave the door cracked. They work great because of there long range. I have them on my ST hub but need to port them over to HE. I tried to use hub link to just send the info from ST to HE but it only sends the temp and not the humidity. Was hoping for at least this work around but seems I am stuck.