Will the new Xiaomi/Aqara Zigbee 3.0 devices be natively supported by HE?

Now it seems the aqara/xiaomi sensors are Zigbee 3.0 certified (somewhere in the blog I saw the certifications).
Can we expect HE will support them with stock drivers?

You asked this in another thread. Try to avoid posting the same thing multiple places, it just fragments the discussion.

1 Like

Yes, but the two posts had sligthly different purposes, same as the different audiences: the first, in the xiaomi driver thread, to stimulate and having feedback about new drivers by the user base, this one to get an "official" feedback...
You know, the italian subtle art of Machiavelli .... :slight_smile:

Ok. I gave my thoughts on the "official support" question in the other thread.

Someone from Hubitat may chime in,but I think they said everything that needs to be said in this thread:

Obviously everything is just a guess until the devices are actually commercially available, and in people's hands.

Also, Hubitat doesn't support Zigbee 3.0. So, these devices would depend on the fallback to ZHA which 3.0 devices are supposed to support. But if they fall back to their old, "sleepy" method of zigbee, then they would function the same as they do today.

For the "uninitiated", can someone please comment on Zigbee 3.0?
I know that the team doesn't comment on future products, or roadmaps, etc.
However, if I may ask users to chime in:
-what does Zigbee 3.0 give us that the current protocol doesn't?
-Is it a big jump from the current to Zigbee 3.0?
-Is there any hardware upgrades here?

Here...the Zigbee Alliance puts it a lot better than I ever could.

Devices will be sold mid-aug. And anyway zigbee 3.0 are going to get more and more. So hopefully Hubitat get working on supporting this standard protocol!

True, but our roadblock to integrated drivers wasn’t sleepy devices, it was non-compliance to the Zigbee protocol. If they are now fully compliant and @mike.maxwell is willing to write drivers for the devices we loan to him, then we are “laugh’n” as they say here in Canada.

My question is, since the hub isn't zigbee 3.0, when the devices join a "legacy network", to use the Zigbee Alliance's term, will the still have some of the same problems they have today? And I don't expect anyone to have an answer yet... It's just a bit of an unknown.

The devices "shouldn't" pass zigbee qualification testing if they kept the same report in behavior. So here's hoping it is fixed...

If Xiaomi would have gotten zigbee certification on the last generation of devices, they likely would have found and fixed the problem to begin with...

I just know nothing about their testing standards with regard to backwards compatibility. It's probably not as extensive. Also, I may be completely off base and the backwards compatibility isn't in the messaging but how it joins the network so it may be a moot point. But like i said, lots of questions. But i'm not running out and buying a dozen Xaiomi sensors on day 1. I'll wait and see how everyone else gets on with them.

Gosh I hope these fall back to 1.2 and work well. I'm so over my Xiaomi sensors. But the reason for them dropping could be cause of my nue 3a dimmers.

It likely is... My Xiaomi devices never drop. Never. But I have them all on a dedicated hub with Ikea repeaters that are known to be compatible...

If I look at the child ZigBee table none of my nue switches are acting as repeaters bit they could still be impacting.

Good to know tho. They were stable before on smartthings.

Might need to try diff channel

Channel could affect it too. I use 17.

I use Google WiFi which auto adjusts based on Interference. Might try 17 later also.

Thanks.