Wifi RF driver - nooby help desired!

Hi everyone

I recently bought a really cheap little WiFi RF device. The nice thing about this is it covers a range of frequencies (I needed 330 MHz for a gate) and learns commands.

There's an app to control it called Safemate which works great... (but sadly has no IFTTT, Google Home etc integrations and not much documentation)

My assumption is the device should be addressable using UDP. I'm a noob but willing to learn. So I tried the Packet Sniffer app and found 4 sets when I pressed a button...

Can someone kindly advise me if/how I might put a driver together that would send such commands? I read the various UDP posts here but am not sure what to try next or if there is an existing similar driver I could maybe reference. Would love to get this working and integrated with HE locally so any/all help appreciated!

That one looks very interesting, been looking for something wifi with 787MHz (Chinese RF remote frequency for use in China). Where did you get this one from? Once the Chinese New Year is over I’ll order one.
I do know how to write a driver for it... This is a device which if it really can do my frequency I definitely want it to work:)
I’ll have a look some more once I’m in front of the computer...

That will be awesome. I got it from AliExpress...

#Aliexpress THB 437.97 24%OFF | Mobile Control Wifi Rf Converter for Garage Gate Beninca Came Doorhan Transmitter 300-928Mhz
https://a.aliexpress.com/_rJckDT

It's really great for the money I think. Was fast to set up and recognise the WiFi and the codes from my little remote. Works well.

Excited to have my gate open & close at my (automated) whim :smile:

2 Likes

I’m in China, so once they start delivering again I’ll get one rather quickly.

EDIT: I can't promise when this will be done though, life and work you know... But it does look like it shouldn't be a major problem.

2 Likes

Hi @markus. Did you manage to get one of these devices yet?

No, but they've started to deliver within China more or less normally now. The only problem is that they're not available domestically. I will have to order from Aliexpress, which doesn't accept my Shanghai address as valid. I'll sort it out, need to talk with Aliexpress support. So soon. No trip to Thailand yet either.

No worries. Cheers.

1 Like

Checked AliExpress, since this is the first time I needed to get something from there while in China I didn't know this, the sellers there are not allowed to sell domestically. Many (most?) of them have a business license which doesn't allow domestic sales. I have to find that product domestically, I've not yet succeeded.

Oh that's crazy. Good luck with finding it! Or if you are over to Thailand some time I can order another or you can take mine and I will get another. Cheers.

1 Like

I might still need to go to Thailand, but it would be just for a day or two in Bangkok. Thank you for offering though! I'm sure I'll figure it out. So far I can't find it on Taobao with anything I can come up with searching for in Chinese. Image searching on Taobao hasn't yielded results either. I really hope the frequency is as flexible as is stated. I need 789 MHz. I checked it with my SDR. If this doesn't work in the end I'll buy another remote and use dry relays to push the buttons... It would sure be cheaper, but not as elegant...

1 Like

Hello Angus,
Have you managed to reach a solution with the device? I have the same issue with the same hardware...would be nice to know if this has been solved or not. :slight_smile:

Hiyah. No, unfortunately we don't have a solution yet. @markus did say he would try to build a driver for it at some point but I think after he bought one he found it didn't support the frequency he needed anyway, and he's also been crazy busy recently. So at this time, no solution :sob:

Well, have tried that but did not succeed. :frowning:

Don't give up hope yet! Someone will probably provide a solution at some point or we can find a way to build a driver (but this one is a bit tricky I think)...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.