WiFi / LAN devices

I am looking to integrate my WiFi / LAN / Cloud devices.

The devices in question are.

Ring Spotlight Cam wired. I would like access to the motion sensor, siren, and strobe.
Ring floodlight Cam. Same as above.
Wyze Cam 3. I would like access ot the motion sensor.
Honeywell RTH9585WF1004 Smart WiFi thermostat. It would be nice to know system state, and temp reading in the house.

This may be supported by @csteele’s Honeywell Total Connect integration.

So a few things that will help us understand would be to understand what your prefered outcome would be. Cloud devices are not really a optimal device for hubitat, and then zero cameras are officially supported.

There is a unofficial Ring support application out there. Not 100% sure if it supports the cameras, but it may.

Another option if you are willing to run a intermediate web server at home is to use something like Node-Red with with Samsung Automation Studio Pallet and Smartthings as a aggregator in a hubless configuration. If you need immediate notification of events you will need to create a event endpoint for each camera's motion activity. I have this setup with ARLO cameras and it has worked really reliably now for some time. The best part is that because the Samsung Automation Studio is using the new Smartthings API it isn't at risk of being ended any time soon like the groovy stuff. You could in theory even use the virtual driver i made for arlo for Ring as well. I wrote up something for it at Node-Red with Samsung Automation Studio

The wyze cam if setup to use RSTP can use something like Motion on a Raspberry pi with TinyCam Connector to get motion events in Hubitat. I have used this method with Eufy Cameras.

No idea about the Honeywell stuff, but perhaps someone has a driver for it.

The key is that both of the options for the cameras require a external device/server runing some software to act as a itermediate. It could be as simple as a raspberry pi for both of them, but it will need to be on something.

The situation is unchanged since I was on ADT Smartthings. I want to be able to trigger the sirens / strobes on the Ring devices from within the security monitor. It is most likely Ring is still holding the API for those close to the vest. At least 2 years ago they didn't want to play nice with others...

The other item I want is when one outdoor motion sensor is triggered, all outdoor lights come on.

I am not looking to get a video feed into the Hubitat app / dashboards.

Although admittedly I would have preferred a single app for Ring and Wyze cams. Again I suspect this is still an issue of does not work and play well with others...

Yea.. I came from the ADT Smartthings hub as well. With Node Red I have relegated Smartthings to a hubless configuration just used to feed my cameras events in to hubitat. This is simply because Hubitat doesn't support cameras, but Smartthngs does.

Node-Red really feels like a aggregator for HA systems. My writeup at the link I provided was about setting it all up on a Raspberry PI so it should not be to costly to just try out that method to see if it is for you. I run it on a Unraid server, but that was hardware i already had.

Simply put using the Samsung Automation Studio with Node-Red will expose the device characteristics allowed in Smartthings to do whatever you want. You can also pass commands back to Smartthings so that is why you can trigger your remote devices connected to Smartthings to say flash lights, or trigger sirens based on events in HE. It will require a bit of setup, but once it is done you should be able to leave it alone except for the occasional software update.

In my setup I have Node-Red setup to have a restful-api endpoint available for each arlo Camera. It receives Motion events from Smartthing when they happen. Then Node red also has a flow that polls all the cameras periodically for changes of various attributes. These are on/off state, Light state, Siren State, ect. Node-Red will then send the update to HE if those various states change. Lastly Node Red with the HE pallet monitors the devices in HE and will update them in Smartthings if they change. This also applies to the lights and the siren state. My wife accidently tested it out a few weeks ago. Both my Arlo Pro3 camera and my Arlo video doorbell had their siren going off, and then also deactivated when HSM was disarmed. So that seems to match what you are saying.

The limitation of this method is that it is heavily dependent on what Smartthings supports since you are essentially piggy backing off of that for HE. So if it isn't in Smartthings it wouldn't be possible with this method.

Unfortunately cameras in general are a fairly big ask and well have no sign of getting much better support. I think the problem is that since most of them are so cloud based which is not the best for home Automation it really isn't on the offical radar to be improved. For cameras that support RSTP though many of those platforms that record and support it will call a webhook such as what TinyCam Connector Supports so that is a option for them.

As far as outdoor motion sensor, and lights i will assume it is only outdoor motion sensors you are questing are the Ring camera ones. The rest are already attached to Hubitat. If that is the case then simply using a restful api endpoint as described above for motion events for the camera will fill this needed. Once it gets to node red and it passes the event to the virtual device in HE then your automations would trigger off that.

The problem with this is that obviously we would like everything local in HE, but if it isn't this may be the best of the not optimal options.

I need to look into Node Red. It's been suggested before. Will it run on a locally hosted LAMP VM? (Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP)

I need to dig into Rocky Linux except they are only at a release candidate state... Hopefully full release soon.

Well Node-Red can certainly run in linux. I have it on ubuntu. It uses Node.js server so PHP and Apache won't really help with that, but you can use Apache as a reverse proxy to direct traffic to it. If you need Endpoints for events then I would certainly suggest setting up a reverse proxy to secure the traffic.