WiFi Garage Door Opener

The zigbee relay just replaces the wifi relay, but you need the security 2.0 button to trigger the motor. All the relay does is create a short. Just creating a short on the security 2.0 motor won't trigger it, the signal needs whatever the button provides

1 Like

There have been reports of the manufacturer/seller of these Wi-Fi garage door opener remotes supplying a universal remote for this type of application (security+) to their customers for no charge upon request.
No guarantees but worth an email.

2 Likes

I do see in the Amazon listing where, if I email the seller, they'll ship me "the proper accessory" to me free. I'll email them and see.

If not, I rekon something like this will work?:

I like this one as the answer to my needs. Where/how do I get 12v at the garage door opener?

A 12V DC power adapter, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-SANSUN-AC100-240V-Transformers-Switching/dp/B01AZLA9XQ/

Or just use a 5V/2A USB power supply with a microusb cable. The adapters that @neonturbo linked to can use that as a power source as well.

Why not just get a zen16 and a security 2.0 dry contact and be done with it?

1 Like

It is uncanny to see this device, since I recently made the exact same thing ... and connected it to a Zen16. So, at least I can attest that this solution works quite well with our MyQ opener.

I installed the Zen16 in an enclosure (Orbit 57095) which includes a GFCI outlet. There is plenty of room in the box, so I have some other stuff in there also. I mounted the push button onto the face of the box.

I think that I spent $10 on the Model 883LMW push button. So, $20 or so for a pre-wired version is a fair price.

Why use a my q opener if you have a zen 16?

The MyQ was already here when we bought the house. Fair question, though.

Ok. Got the relay and connected to the Elevation Hub. and have several 12v transformers laying around. I have forgotten how to add the app to the hub. Can someone point me to some general instructions on adding the code from github to control the garage door? I'll see also if I can get the magnetic sensors for door position.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Apps_Code

2 Likes

Thanks. Got everything working except the door. Hubitat controls the switch but I'm pretty sure I don't have the wires connected properly. The opener is a Liftmaster 1/3 HP device installed in 2001, with a red learn button. Anyone know how to wire teh relay to the Liftmaster?

You may need a security 2.0 to dry contact unit... That said I would simply wire your outputs directly to the back of the unit.

1 Like

This is all that is needed.

The learn button is Red, so it isn’t Security+ 2.0 (those will have a Yellow button).

2 Likes

Right, but how to wire? Common to one side and NC or NC to the other?

Common and NO.

That way the circuit is complete only when the relay is energized.

I got the devices working properly, and now am trying to add the app. When I try to do that, I get the error "Please complete the required fields (ones with a *)" I filled in all the available entries. No luck. Suggestions?

Using MUXA code., but no open, closed sensors. How would I hook up to the Hub? Are there zigbee sensors? Alternatively is there a better app to use for the MHCOZY wireless relay?

Which app? The only one I am aware of is this one:

1 Like

Thanks. I'm deleting this app. I'll write the rules for the generic Zigbee multipoint to run the unit. The emergency switches have not been disconnected.