Wifi drivers installed, where do I put the connection info?

Under the Drivers section does it say “WiFi drivers are currently installed”?

1 Like

Yep, look at my screenshot above.

I don't get that setup like you do. That screenshot was my C5 where I had previously installed the drivers in Beta. But I just tried on my C7 which has never had the driver installed, and after installation that settings box is identical to my screenshot above.

This seems to be a bug of some type...

Have you rebooted the hub since the drivers were installed? If so, let’s click on reinstall, then shutdown the hub, attach the wifi dongle and reboot (leave the ethernet cable in), if not, do the same steps except without the reinstall.

Yes. A variety of combinations of install, restart, dongle in, dongle out, etc. I just to clarify:

1. Dongle out (restart with dongle out?)
  2. Reinstall Wifi Drivers (I have done this repeatedly, the green circle spins momentarily and then boots me out to the Network Setup page. Is that the expected behaviour?)
  3. Dongle In
  4. Power cycle
1 Like

Do you have a dongle plugged in, in the screenshot above?

I have tried reboot, and I know I have power cycled these hubs at various times. Like I said, I don't have a dongle to test, but I can't resolve what the instructions say vs what is happening. It says that the settings should appear before you even plug in a dongle, is that not so?

I’ve run a dual connection since the option was available, so both my WiFi and Ethernet are active ATM.

1 Like

Yeah, at the very top you can see "Wifi is detected". That seems to correlate with the dongle being plugged in (and the drivers installed?) but it says "Wifi is not detected" if the dongle is out.

1 Like

What browser are you running?

To me, that indicates that previous to some update this was working correctly, but new installs are not.

I tried both Chrome on desktop, and Chrome on my Android.

Edit: I am going to tag @gopher.ny to see if he can duplicate this.

Edit 2: this is platform 2.3.4.130

1 Like

How about Incognito mode? Good idea on @gopher.ny, about out of things to try on my end.

1 Like

Oh, great idea. Trying incognito.

Firefox, Chrome, and Edge all exhibit this pattern in regular and Private/Incognito/InPrivate modes.

Guess we’ll need to wait for the @support_team to weigh in.

2 Likes

It felt a little buggy at first, but the instructions were clear enough. I just thought I missed a step or somehow fudged the process. It likely didn't help that there were a couple of software updates conducted while I was working through this...

I genuinely appreciate all the support from @thebearmay and look forward to some attention from the Dev team to dig into what's up here.

2 Likes

I want to say I might have seen an endpoint that can set the SSID directly, searching now..

Should be this:

5 Likes

Hitting this endpoint resulted in the hub connecting to wifi and restoration of the menu item!

Many thanks for this workaround @marktheknife!

3 Likes

Credit to @thebearmay, really. I recalled that thread only after he thought of the idea to use the endpoint :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Ok, I'm late to the party, but this is definitely a bug. The screenshots above provide enough information, and it's going to get fixed.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.