Why isn’t the Wi-Fi working on my Hubitat hub, anymore?

I have been using my hubitat hub with wifi for some time. I just came to realize it doesn't connect to wifi any more. It can only connect if I hard wire it directly to the router. I have reset it and redid the installation, but it is still unable to connect to the wifi. I tried to use the wifi dongle on another device thinking it might be the issue but it works perfectly on other devices. Automation works but can't be able to control anything from my phone even if I am on the same network. I receive the error "Hub isn't responding. Please, help me figure out the issue. Thank you in advance.

Please send me a private message along with your hub's id or MAC address and we will further investigate.

You would need to check your router also. It might not be the Hubitat hub. Have you had any changes in your Internet service, or have you rebooted your router without rebooting the Hubitat hub also (only applies if you did not go into the hub and reserve a DHCP address for the hub)? I could be that the router has tried to assign a different address and the Hubitat hub is not picking up on it.

Hi, I had already checked the router and also reset the router to factory setting, and assigned the Hubitat hub to a DHCP address but still no go. i am only having the issue if am trying to connect to wifi. The hub used to connect to wifi through the wifi dongle that is recommended but it stopped. I discovered that when I wasn't able to connect locally from my phone or not able to access the device list.

Is the WiFi on the same subnet as the LAN? If not, the hub firmware recently became more locked down for security. There is a way to allow connection from specified other subnets.

http://hubIPAddress/hub/allowSubnets?1st.subnet.addr.0,2nd.subnet.addr.0

You can list as many /24 subnets as you want.

1 Like

I have already tried that but still no go. The wifi is on the same subnet as the LAN.

Just to clarify, the above response seems to be aimed at Hubitat not being reachable from devices on your Wi-Fi network. Hubitat itself being connected over Wi-Fi is a beta feature that I didn't even realize was supported, and requires the use of particular additional hardware. If you have all that, I'd check in Settings > Networking to see if the drivers might have gotten uninstalled after an update or something similar.

Hi, the wifi drivers are still installed. That's what I thought when I started experiencing the issue.

if you don't want ot use a usb dongle.. these inexpensive wifi devices work well with any device in access pt mode.. i use them behind some of my smart ups that are not in position to run an ethernet cable

make sure to update to latest firmware.. also connect to pc with ethernet cable for first configuration then move to final location.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Portable-Travel-Router/dp/B07V2R7W11/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2DEJVOSRYB39T&keywords=tp+link+travel+router&qid=1661709670&sprefix=tplink+trav%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-3

Hi, Thank you for your suggestion. I will look into that. I appreciate it.

1 Like