Why is my Google Mini's sound level changing?

I'm not sure if it will work if you manually change it. It does work when the volume changes when the mode changes to night. I think it requires the mini to report a volume. Perhaps when you manually change it, it does not report a volume back.

I would suggest just waiting and seeing if it changes and then sets back in the evening when the volume usually changes to 45% and not try to test it the way you did.

I can assure you it's not a hubitat problem, it does it using home assistant too. It's a google issue. (unless home assistant and hubitat have been copying each others code and copied a bug unknowingly haha)

The annoying thing is it can be set at 80%, you send it a command to say something and it changes to 45% and then says it.
Seems to happen more often on the newer Nest mini than the Google home mini too.

I found that most of the time this works:

Set volume to 80%
Play a 0.5 second wav/MP3 of silence
Wait 0.5 seconds
Set volume to 80%
Play your announcement

Even then, it STILL occasionally changes the volume back to 45% and plays the announcement at 45% by itself.

I tried putting an extra set of :
Set volume to 80%
Play a 0.5 second wav/MP3 of silence
Wait 0.5 seconds

At the start (so it does it twice) but then I find it occasionally doesn't play the announcement at all (think it trips some sort of anti command spam measure?)

1 Like

I just watched it. With my simple rule, I saw it changing to 45 and then right back to 80 during the announcement of "system arming night." . No playing of .wav or .mp3 needed.

Digging up an oldie but goodie here. New to Hubitat, and am seeing this same 45% issue. Ive created the RM that watches for the volume change and brings it back up - but has anyone figured out the root cause of this?

Some person at Google who thinks he knows better what volume the Mini needs to be set at than we do.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.