Which driver for enbrighten zigbee dimmer/switch?

Any suggestions on which drivers I should be using for:

• Enbrighten Zigbee 3.0 Smart Wall Dimmer (Part 43080)
  • Enbrighten Zigbee 3.0 Smart Wall Switch (Part 43076)

I see that currently, my dimmer is automatically using "Generic Zigbee Dimmer" driver, and the first question I had was - is there a way to turn off the dimmer led?

Generic is the proper one. Don't think you can turn off the led's on those

1 Like

Just noticed that List of Compatible Devices - Hubitat Documentation suggests "GE Zigbee Dimmer", so I have switched to that for now.

1 Like

There’s also a GE Zigbee switch driver.

1 Like

I have an older ZHA 1.2 version of that dimmer. The blue status LED can be controlled manually. Try this to turn the blue LED off (or back on):

Tap top rocker (ON) three times quickly and then tap the bottom rocker (OFF) once.

This will turn the blue LED off. To turn it back on again, simply repeat the sequence.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Thanks.. I'll try this.

2 Likes

Hope it works! Update this thread either way .....

@saurabh9

Just confirmed that the procedure I mentioned also works with the newer zigbee dimmer that you have ... details in the link below:

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/43080.html

1 Like

Now, if only there was a way to configure double taps :smiley:

1 Like

There may be - if you do your automations using Node-RED. This post from @erktrek outlines his method for doing so:

1 Like

Also check out what somebody did on the driver for the Z-wave version - [RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW4008 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver - Developers / Code Share - Hubitat

2 Likes

Yeah the z-wave version exposes all sorts of parameters that the zigbee version doesn't, and @JasonJoel's drivers are very nice if you have the z-wave version.

1 Like

Is there a driver that gives access to relay settings (for the Zigbee model)?

Do you mean to enable/disable the relay? If so, the zigbee version hardware doesn't permit that.

1 Like

I suspect this is a case where I need to understand the technology better; I had thought that the Zigbee relay function was something I had to manually configure to create my Mesh network. By your reply, I assume it's always on and that any config to the network wouldn't be done to the device itself?