What LED strips to choose? Hmmm

Hola!
Pretty nice video about different LED strips.

Enjoy.
3 Likes

I could tell you a thing or two about strips .. For my dev project with RGBGenie.. I ordered a bunch.. Of all different kinds to have a good sampling of what the users would use.. I even have a blacklight strip... The LEDNet brand was the one that I actually went back and purchased more of.. The have every variety and have one of the best outdoor rated ones I have seen..

2 Likes

Can you point a link to those? I'd be interested in checking them out. I'm into strips.

1 Like

Looks like I messed up their name.. LEDEnet

1 Like

But that’s what I use with the RGBGenie gear

1 Like

It's a great video of Controller-packaged LED Strips. I didn't notice him reviewing Giderwel, which has been discussed here. (I tried them but Hubitat couldn't control them well at the time.)

But... why would you get a controller-packaged strip-set? This is a DYI community; assemble your own kit for massive savings and better Z-Wave or Zigbee integration.

I bought several Alarmpore RGB+W strips, a quality transformer and a controller (the RGBGenie.) Far more cost-efficient.

2 Likes

I have some hue strips under a kitchen bench, close to some wooden floorboards. Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with reflection of the individual lights off the floor? I'm guessing a lights strip diffuser of some kind would be recommended?...

2 Likes

I've heard of people using parchment or something along those lines. Do they even make something like that? LED diffuser covers?

1 Like

Check this diffuser out:

1 Like

Like these!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DM7EZO4/

3 Likes

That's exactly what I use. You can also get channels like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Litever-Pack-Aluminum-Channel-Mounting-3-3ft/dp/B072KR4BLK

Because they have a greater distance between the LED and the difuser they are supposed to produce the most "neon-like" experience you can get. Something to keep in mind if your strips will be visible. They also have a model that can be set into the wall as well.

3 Likes

I am considering installing lighting under my cabinets and I really like the corner ones!

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas @bcopeland, @morningz and @Ryan780.

3 Likes

I've used those in a garage. The seams are quite visible. Fine for diffusing if not in direct view though.

1 Like

What specific rgbgenie are you using?
And what Power supply?

I actually have everything in their z-wave line.. I have used many different power supplies.. But the easiest solution is the model that has the built-in 24-v supply..

Looks like rgbgenie use 5 wires and this strip have 6 wires. Do you connect W + W together or on W isn't connected at all?

One will be warm white and the other will be cool white. Pick the one you prefer.