URGENT: Everything is working and I have nothing to do. Help! Now!

Lol, me right now.
At the weekend some clever person created a blink integration. Great I thought, new little project. Bound to be problematic and take an age to get working correctly....nope,works like a dream and literally took less than an hour including modifying my webcore pistons accordingly. I need new toys but I just can't think what else I could do. I already have locks and lights and openers and sensors and blinds and.....
The only thing I haven't got is Neato robotic vacuum integration. I had it in ST but to be honest never really used ST for it but if someone ports over the ST Neato stuff I'll gladly set it all up in HE :wink:

2 Likes

Personal Weather Station!

4 Likes

Also I am confounded by everyone who has a system that "just works". Where is your pioneer spirit? Sense of adventure? Add another hub! Install Home Assistant! Mess around with MQTT!! Node-RED!!!!

There is a ton of stuff to keep you occupied, frustrated and broke for quite a while - all it requires is for you to embrace your inner nerd.

5 Likes

Add water sensors with a whole house water cut off. Test repeatedly. Maybe a garage door opener system. Irrigation unit with a rain sensor? Hmm...

2 Likes

I have Netatmo so covered on the weather front. I have some good automations that use wind, rain and temperature.

2 Likes

I was looking for LED strips myself and found this recommendation from @bcopeland

What LED strips to choose? Hmmm - #2 by bcopeland

He also recommends the LED controller from RGBGenie. The one with the built in power supply. I just ordered one.

3 Likes

Perhaps a radio reset would return meaning to your life?

:grin:

2 Likes

Ah...clearly a serious case as well. I don't see much hope that you will recover, unfortunately, and you seem likely end up writing drivers for devices that might be invented someday... :wink:

:wink:

1 Like

Hmmm...the dark side of the Force is strong in this one. :wink:

This young padawan apologizes, master. :wink: I must focus and find my inner "it's not done yet" zen. :smiley:

1 Like

I think I have an "urgent and important home improvement" feeling coming on. What if the earthquake hits and we don't have LED strips leading us to the exits like in an airplane!? This cannot be....

1 Like

Can you point me to the one you're referring to? Looks like this one, I think:
https://www.amazon.com/Zigbee-RGBW-Driver-Strip-Lights/dp/B07NBJ77JD/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=rgbgenie+24v&qid=1600961862&s=hi&sr=1-4

I hate to admit that I've bought 9 of these, but they work great and are 16 feet long. Sometimes they're cheaper on Walmart.com

2 Likes

HAHA I have about that many as well, they just work!

1 Like

here is another suggestion i just started using Maker APi and myhomecontrol and/or apicall to get control of light/garage door/lock from my garmin fenix 6

Get a cat. Then spend weeks troubleshooting all the stuff he unplugs behind heavy pieces of furniture. You won't be bored!

7 Likes

Yes...just to be sure that one is a Zigbee controller....they also make a z-wave controller model ZV-1008. If you get the z-wave controller @bcopeland has developed some drivers for it. Amazon is currently out of the Z-wave model. I ordered mine direct from RGBgenie. They have them in stock now.

1 Like

Hmm I have a Garmin Forerunner 935 at the moment. Maybe.....

2 Likes

Looks like the ZV-1008 is no longer on Amazon, though it can be found on the RGBGenie site and eBay.