What is the getChildAndRouteInfo command supposed to show?

Here is the output from my zigbee getChildAndRouteInfo:

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=11, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Patio Hose Timer, 33A7, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Front Hose Timer, 3814, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[ST Sensor 8, DD99, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Front Keypad, D08A, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[ST Sensor 9, 9B38, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Entry Window, 2A4B, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Magic Cube 2, 4EA1, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Iris Motion 4, A3EC, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Iris Motion 3, B0D7, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Back Keypad, 019B, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Button One, 293C, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Living Room Plug, 47ED], LQI:146, age:3, inCost:7, outCost:7
[Computer Room Plug, 61EE], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Laundry Room Plug, 86A9], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Hall Plug, DBE7], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Laundry Room Plug, 86A9] via [Laundry Room Plug, 86A9]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [null, DEC4] via [Living Room Plug, 47ED]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [null, F767] via [Living Room Plug, 47ED]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [null, 692F] via [Hall Plug, DBE7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [CentraLite Pearl Thermostat, 6DFB] via [Laundry Room Plug, 86A9]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Button Four, 778D] via [Hall Plug, DBE7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Den Side WIndow, EC5B] via [Laundry Room Plug, 86A9]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Bedroom Window, D3B1] via [Laundry Room Plug, 86A9]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [null, 114F] via [Hall Plug, DBE7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [null, 7CD9] via [Laundry Room Plug, 86A9]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [ST Sensor 10, B13E] via [Living Room Plug, 47ED]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [null, 1CF8] via [Living Room Plug, 47ED]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [ST Sensor 7, 1BF4] via [Laundry Room Plug, 86A9]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Button Two, 4AA3] via [Hall Plug, DBE7]

For the entries that say null with a hex string, I am unable to find any of those in the zigbee details page. There are also some zigbee devices missing from the list (two Hampton Bay controllers, one smartthings button, two smartthings presence sensors, several iris motion sensors).

Is there a way for me to get rid of the null entries? Seems like they may be old devices that I probably did not remove before I took them out of service, and that happened a while back.

I would also love to know more about what is being shown.

Perhaps @mike.maxwell could comment. Is there an equivalent for Zwave?

there isn't.

the null entries are from devices that are no longer in HE, but still think that they are, in other words, they did not actually leave the network when requested to do so.

These devices just need to be found and factory reset.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike!

1 Like

I'm on Hub version 2.0.8.113, and no matter what when I try http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo with my hub's address I'm only see raw html text.

I tried latest versions of Firefox / Chrome browsers on Windows 7, and Firefox / Chrome / Safari on MacOS High Sierra.

It was working correctly earlier today then had what you described for an hour or so and now working again. I went on to other things after I discovered the HTML thing. I probably did a couple of computer restarts and maybe a hub restart, not in relation to the HTML but when I looked a couple of minutes ago, it was working again.

After a day or two of working again, I am now getting the raw HTML page.

@mike.maxwell I also get the raw html error page when I try to access the getChildAndRouteInfo page. I realize this is probably considered an undocumented feature but is there bug causing some of us to not be able to access this page?

That's the result of the zigbee radio not being online, at least that's the only time I've seen this.

I don’t think that this is the case. My radio is online and my Zigbee devices are working but I still get the raw html 500 error page. This is since my update to 2.0.9

I've seen that HTML screen a number of times when my zigbee network was working just fine. Not complaining, just sharing another data point.

I have been working for a while. I believe a reboot was the fix.

Yeah I think that is what I did last time I didn't work too. I don't get too upset about it, usually it works - sometimes it doesn't. Whatever.

I did that, same result. It is really nothing that kills me...

Well so far I have restarted the hub, shutdown the hub then unplugged it, and done a soft reset. I still get the error page. The Zigbee network is online.

As I've reported a few times, mine also often just shows raw HTML (with an error somewhere in there, not the actual route information). It's definitely not my Zigbee radio being offline--this is on my new C5 that I bought specifically to segregate my Zigbee lights, sensors, and automations onto their own hub. :slight_smile: Every once in a while, it is ok. I notice it doesn't necessarily show all devices, so one possibility is that it doesn't like some device names or labels (could "Trådfri" be a problem?) and that it throws an error when one it doesn't like appears. But that's a total guess.

I have a Null device showing up in my report. Is this something I should be concerned about? Don't know what it is. All my devices are accounted for.

wow this is awesome that link. I only have 4 child devices at present and I have like 10 repeaters...

so if a device is not in the child table - it is been connected directly to hubitat and not been routed at all?

If you hunt through the HTML code it's probably an error 500 message. On most web servers that would mean the code building the page crashed out. I have to admit that I see that 'raw html' every time I try it on my hubs that have no Zigbee. I use it now during a 'rebuild the mesh' to detect when it's done restarting, so I can watch the 'panicked' devices come back.