What are people using for weather with no PWS?

Try "Weather Canada" from Package Manager. It uses both Environment Canada RSS feed and Open Weather Map's free api key. It's working for me, although it won't send the forecast, but it does send precipitation forecast, current temp, today's high, today's low, and more.

You can also get an RSS feed from EC for alerts.

Weather info RSS feed: Toronto - Weather - Environment Canada
Alerts RSS feed: Toronto - Weather Alert - Environment Canada

@mik3, just tested the second feed - ALERTS - and it actually contains all the same information as the weather feed, plus alert info, so you don't need both.

He might of done already. :wink:

Haha. I didn't even notice. Well, he did a fine job! lol

check out windy.com, I'm using it and like the maps. combined with hubigraph it works well for my dashboards

I just l link to a local news stations weather forcast. Updates whenever they update it.

:slight_smile: Happy it’s working for you.

Here is my solution with 5 HubiGraph Panels

1. Forecast Tile 2 with current and hourly forecast
  2. Forecast Tile 2 with daily forecast, temperature, precip and cloud cover
  3. Time Graph with barometric sensor
  4. Time Graph with temperature sensor
  5. Radar Tile

1 Like

Awesome work! I love the HubiGraph Panels! I've been getting a few set up for my wall mounted tablet, although I can't seem to find an option to create a Forcast Tile 2. Is this a new unreleased feature? I installed HubiGraphs from the Hubitat Package Manager.

Actually, OWM does pull weather alerts for Canada directly from OWM that gets it from the various sources in Canada.

My bad; too many Tiles. It is called Weather Tile 2.0. I combined the Forecast Tile and Weather Tile. Now, the App screen supports the following:

• Install Open Weather (from your key) from the Parent App. It takes care of polling, child device etc.
    *Tile resizing/moving via drag/drop (Just put the cursor over the lower right corner)
    *Change colors/fonts/icons/add/deleted etc (Just double click on a tile).
  • A note on adding, Weather Tile 2.0 supports OW and all its features. I made it really easy to add a different API if people want it.....

It took me about 20 minutes to "build" the things you see... of course I designed/wrote the code so... Let me know if you run into any bugs/blockers. I am always looking for features to add...

Cool! Thank you! Got my Current/Hourly Tile built. I just have one more issue. Posted it over on the HubiGraph thread.

During the time I put together the Canadian weather app, alerts were not possible for Canada when pulling through the OWM API.

I would like ti install it on my dashboard.
would you please please give me the driver and instructions?
thanks...

Two ways to install. I would suggest Hubitat Package Manager.... If not, then the install instructions are on the Hubigraph Thread...

[[Release] HubiGraphs 4.2 - Community Apps - Hubitat]

@mik3 my Weather Canada isn't working anymore :(. Is it working for you? I'm getting:

dev:172023-06-09 11:11:01.966 PMerrorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: status code: 404, reason phrase: Not Found on line 484 (method refresh)
dev:172023-06-09 11:11:01.559 PMdebugWeather: Polling WNC Alerts
dev:172023-06-09 11:11:01.555 PMdebugWeather: Units are set to metric

It works for me. I had to disable the onecall API (around lines 348+ in the driver), because I don't have that subscription, but after that it works.

I stepped away from Hubitat a while back.

I’d need time to review changes and a Hubitat to test with :slight_smile:

I know this is an old post but how did you link to a local weather forcast and have it show up? TIA