Wemo switch and insight smart plug

@jason0x43, I have successfully installed the drivers and app for my Wemo switches and they are working well so far (thank you!). I can't seem to install the driver for my Wemo Maker. I keep getting the following error:

No signature of method: Script1.input() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.lang.String) values: [[type:bool, title:Invert Sensor, description:Inverts the sensor input, ...], ...] Possible solutions: inspect(), wait(), run(), on(), push(), run()

Am I doing something wrong?

Oops, that was a bug in the source. I pushed an update; give that a try.

Thanks Jason. I'll try it in a couple of days when I return home and report back.

Hi Jason. Confirming the driver works great now! Thanks for your work on this. Much appreciated.

@jason0x43 thanks for this driver, I have 1 insight switch and Iā€™m seeing the following error in logs each time it refreshes

2019-12-20 10:45:00.159 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_jason0x43_WeMo_Connect_193.childRefresh() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Basement Washer] on line 116 (childRefresh)

Thanks Jason. This is working great for my Wemo switches.

Is there a version of Wemo Connect that allows for turning off description text logging? The version I'm using is from 2019-07-23. Thanks

Assuming you mean the basic info logs, there isn't currently an option for that, just for the debug logs.

Regarding the childRefresh error, it looks like you may be using older WeMo drivers with a more current Connect app (the childRefresh method, and all uses of it, were removed from the Connect app and drivers a few months ago).

yes, I did find a newer version. Thanks again for the driver.

Hi Jason. I've installed your Wemo Maker driver and the Wemo Connect app and I'm getting the following message in the logs.

dev:492020-01-21 05:51:17.169 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method leftShift() on null object on line 214 (parse)

I have a contact connected to it and it's not reporting state. The Wemo app shows that it is working, so suggests it's something with HE. Any suggestions? Do you have a Wemo Maker successfully working with this driver?

Driver version is 2019-10-01, 09:03:13-0400.

FYI, although I've had it installed for a while, I never actually tested the contact, which is why I'm only letting you know now.

I don't have a Wemo Maker device, so I've never actually tested it myself. From looking at the code, though, I can see where the problem might be. I'll push out an update a bit later today.

1 Like

Thanks Jason. I'll test it out and report when you publish it.

Sorry for the delay; I got sidetracked and this fell off my radar for a bit. I pushed an update to the maker driver; give that a try.

1 Like

Thanks Jason. Will try out and report.

Hi Jason. I tried the driver. The error messages have gone but the contact state does not change. Permanently showing disabled on the devices page. Nothing shows in the logs when I open/close the contact. The Wemo app shows the contact changing state, so the Wemo and contact are working. I tried pushing the buttons on the devices page (refresh, poll, subscribe) in the hope something would happen but no change.

Hmmm...that probably means the driver isn't handling an event properly. It's receiving it (because you were getting the error earlier), but it's not doing what it needs to do on the Hubitat side.

Let me review the driver and add some more diagnostic info, then I'll push another update.

1 Like

I pushed an updated wemo_maker driver. There are no functionality changes, just one addition log statement so I can see what the message contents look like.

Go into the WeMo Connect app and make sure "Enable debug logging" is on. Then click "Done", open the Logs, and try doing something with the Maker. You should see more activity in the logs.

Thanks Jason. I'll give it a go on the weekend and report back.

I'm trying to get the original WEMO switch smart plug to work with your code. My other WEMO devices have been recognized. Am I missing a driver for this?