Weird issues since 2.2.5 update (Zigbee)

Something a little wacky going on maybe.. had a Zigbee light fail to turn off last night but responded fine this morning. I am now on the latest fw 5.124 - upgraded yesterday so maybe it was the reboot that did it - meaning caused the issue which eventually healed.

Where do I find out more about the Sengled Advanced driver you’re talking about?

He's referring to the new Advanced Zigbee Bulb drivers in 2.2.5. They are not specific to Sengled bulbs, but do work great (in my experience) w/Sengled bulbs. I'm using the highlighted one below w/my Sengled color bulbs and it works great, and reacts faster than the Sengled driver. Also has a power-on setting in the preferences which is useful. Recommended.

2 Likes

How do I generate a graph like this for my network? Very cool!

Ok, so since the first 2.2.5 update, my once extremely solid Zigbee network has died a horrible death. Things are randomly not working left and right. I had to power cycle all of my battery-powered devices and even needed to re-pair a few of them to get them to work again. Also, random bulbs were not working. Everything is wonky. I even tried unplugging the hub for 20+ minutes to see if it would rebuild my Zigbee network.

I don't know what happened, but it definitely happened after the first 2.2.5 release. I am on a C5 hub.

My whole Zigbee network is acting like I unplugged a bunch of repeaters from power. I've double-checked and nobody unplugged any of them.

Any other ideas for me? Zigbee has been rock solid for me for a few months and now it's just plain maddening since the update.

1 Like

This would be one way to do it:

1 Like

Mine seems a lot less reliable all of a sudden. Another closet light stopped responding until I power cycled it, then has been okay so far today. I’m starting to get a little concerned but most of my zb devices are okay.

Just as another point of data, my zigbee has been perfectly normal - I’ve got about 40 iris v2 motion and contact sensors.

All my bulbs are Sengled, I have Samsung and Aqara buttons and motion sensors, and all my routing/outlets are Innr. How does that correlate to other people having Zigbee issues after 2.2.5?

1 Like

Would you remind me? How many zigbee end devices do you have? And how many zigbee routers?

Count the Sengled bulbs and anything battery powered end-devices. Count anything that is line-powered as a router.

A good ratio would be ~1 router per 6-8 end-devices.

I have about 120 zigbee devices (mostly Sengled non-repeater bulbs) and probably 20ish of the 12 are battery buttons and motion sensors. I have 13 Innr routing outlets. Maybe I need some more routing outlets, but like I said, everything was running flawlessly for months (without adding or removing any devices) and the moment I updated from 2.2.4 to the first release of 2.2.5, everything went to crap. Just so weird. It's gotten a LITTLE better after a few of these 2.2.5 incremental updates, but things are definitely still not as robust as they were pre-2.2.5.

Best result for you might be to roll back and wait for later 2.2.5 or 2.2.6. Nice thing about HE is you get to choose what FW you run on. Frustrating to not figure out what went south for you, though. I know the feeling.

yep. me too. trying to find time to troubleshoot in depth, but just strange behaviour and mostly the culprit/symptom is sengled bulb/s not working.

i'm also seeing Nue switch issues. the parent shows "present", but the child devices are non-responsive to device page OR physical switch manipulation.
clicking the 'initialise' button on the device seems to get it working again, unfortunately only for a random period of time before dropping out again.

My Zigbee network seems to have settled down since .126.

On .131 and basically unusable. This is maddening. Hoping Hubitat chimes in. My whole smarthome has been flawless until 2.2.5. Now it’s almost useless. Argh.

I know you don't want to hear this, but my Zigbee network has been as solid as ever on 2.2.5.x .

Have you tried reverting to 2.2.4.x to see if things improve?

1 Like

Have you tried shutting down the hub, removing power for a few seconds, and then bringing it back online?

This helped me hugely when 2.2.4 was in the early buggy phase.

1 Like

Yes, a few times, including once for 20+ min in order to rebuild the Zigbee network.

Does it start working again if you revert to 2.2.4?

1 Like

My Zigbee stuff is still okay even with latest firmware update on a C-5. Just replaced 2 faulty devices - an Iris motion sensor and an Iris outlet in my garage.. They had been acting up way before even the 2.2.4 firmware updates so I know that was not the cause. Out of curiosity what does your zigbee child/route report show?

http://[your hub ip]/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

2 Likes