webCoRE won't remember browser?

After years of webCoRE working just fine in my desktop browser, I now have to register the browser every time I start the browser. It's not an issue on my mobile browser. Thoughts?

webCoRE v0.3.114.20220203 HE: v0.3.114.20230222_HE - June 20, 2023
Firefox 114.0.2 (64-bit)

See:

and

I've repaired webCoRE, rebooted the hub, and rebooted my computer (many times).

I've tried everything I can think of. I think it's a browser issue. I've disabled all browser extensions, cleared cookies and cache, and did the Firefox cleanup (I think that creates a new default profile). It happens on staging as well, but other sites (Gmail, Hubitat forum, Hubitat itself) remember the browser sessions.

It took a few tries, but I finally captured this very quick error when I first go to dashboard.webcore.co...

Does it do the same on a phone/tablet? Edit, just saw your op.

My only other thought is do you have any desktop utilities that prevents trackers etc... that could be wiping out cookies.

No, the dashboard loads just fine (logged in, list of pistons) on Firefox on my phone. Chrome on my desktop appears to remember my browser/session as well. This is a new issue, but not sure what changed. I've turned off all extensions, blockers, etc, and added dashboard.webcore.co to tracking and cookie exceptions.

Have you tried Chrome or another browser?

Yep, Chrome works fine. Was hoping this was just going to be a cookie issue or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@ipaterson, thoughts?

I may have fixed it. I changed a setting in about:config after searching for "session". I changed the browser.sessionstore.upgradeBackup.latestBuildID value, but I wonder if it just "rebuilt" whatever was messed up. Looks like same thing is happening on another site. It's some sites, but not others.

In your cookie exceptions, do you have the dashboard and those other sites listed as "Allow" or "Allow for Session"?

"Allow".

So far so good. Again, not really sure what fixed it except maybe that about:config change resetting something. Tomorrow after a start from everything close/off will be the test...