webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Blockquote

@nh.schottfam
I'm experiencing the same "time happens daily at" wonkiness here too.

I just noticed that my porch light did not come on for the last 2 days.
It uses 'Time happens daily at' sunrise turn off, sunset turns on.

Here is the piston.

Summary

Now the strange thing is it looks like the piston ran and turned the light off at sunset. You can see this in the piston state that I record.

Summary

The strange thing is nothing appears in the device event logs so I'm wondering if the piston is running so fast the events do not happen. Doesn't seem logical though.
Any thoughts @nh.schottfam?

EDIT: Looking at the events for the light it did actually turn off this morning at sunset. I had turned it on manually yesterday and assumed my 'repair' that I ran yesterday had fixed my previous issues. It seems that this issue still exists I'm afraid.

Just for info here are the logs. Sunrise appears to be working OK as I have command optimisation turned off.

Summary

1 Like

@nh.schottfam

I'm seeing some weird behavior with $currentEventDevice in the latest release. It's being treated as an array instead of a single instance. For example, in this sample piston:

In the second "if", "Any of" shouldn't be an option for $currentEventDevice as far as I understand it, since only one device can trigger the current event at a time. The editor UI also has the same problem:

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Tagging @ipaterson in case this is a UI issue.

Device variables are assumed to support multiple values and both the code view and "What to compare" field have always indicated "any of" for $currentEventDevice.

Edit: Sorry, you're correct that this has not always been the case. Stepping back through the code, a change was made back in 2020. Prior to that, device variables were phrased singularly rather than plurally.

So on the $currentEventDevice issues and time happens daily at

I believe all of these are fixed.

I am still getting reports from folks saying an issue, but we find they are not running the latest files....

I just had another case of this, where the fix has been out for quite some time (ok many hours in some cases...), yet HPM repair is not picking it up.

My ask is when you have a problem, do check you are running the latest code.

I don't understand what GitHub or caching folks are are doing....but it is hard to resolve issues when folks are not up to date....

5 Likes

Is your Github a more reliable source for getting the most recent updates?
I don't mind copying the raw code until the HPM issue is pin pointed and resolved.

1 Like

Any way to confirm what is the latest version? I was looking for a version number in the first post here, but I didn't see one. Since Github isn't reliable, I didn't want to go off of what I might find there.

This is the version I am on. Updated either today or yesterday.

I thought I was going crazy over the time happens daily at issue. Been tinkering with a piston these last few days, and for the life of me couldn't get it to work. Only runs that statement once a day, so its a hard one to track compared to some that run faster than that. Thankfully, the community made me realize I'm not going crazy :joy:

2 Likes

I'm running the same version; 'time happens daily' has been working OK (I have an MP3 doorbell chime that plays at noon & 5pm; it just went off as scheduled). Are you seeing the 'next scheduled' event correctly showing up under 'Quick Facts' when you look at the 'happens daily' piston in the dashboard?

I ran a repair just after posting this comment yesterday. Numbers are showing the same for me too. My time happens daily did work this morning! I have 2 pistons that I know of that use this function, and they both worked properly today. Everything seems to be normal again!

To day HPM offers an webCoRE update from rev 1.0.42 to 1.0.45 (see shot below).
I got a little confused.
Firstly no mention about a new release in this thread
Secondly there seems no new files on Github and how or where can I check which rev I do use on my hub?

Hubitat shows the following rev of webCoRE

May this is related to the discussions before, however I'm still confused if I should update or if this is all as it supposed to be.

They are just bug fixes for the last main update. No need for OP to continually post updates just for a couple simple bug fixes. I'm on the latest update and it fixed the happens daily at piston issues

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation

@nh.schottfam , good morning.
I think no one posted sometign similar here, but I have noticed in the last 2 updates that Alexa (EchoSpeaks) are failing to "speak the text" that I give for a piston after some time. If I stop the piston and resume it, it starts working again and stays like that for couple days, when again stops talking and I need to stop and resume the piston. Suggestions?

So I would suggest:

• check webcore logs (usually medium on the piston will show you) that the commands are being issued by webCoRE
  • check/enable echospeaks logs to see if commands are being issued or not

You might reboot you hub, as JVM getting low on metadata starts to have strange operations.

I am running into some weird issue. Have multiple instances of the webcore app: One for automation and the other two for tiles for webcore dashboard display, Since the 20220203 update, the first one continues to have event-based piston triggers, but the other two for tiles are not triggering/updating on events even though the events do get logged in the corresponding pistons. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the lasted point release of Webcore on HE and since then I have had issues with my motion sensitive light script never turning off the light when the sensor “are now and stays inactive” never triggering.

Any ideas? Known bug? Can I roll back? I’ve installed it using HPM.

VersionH: v0.3.114.20220203_HE

Snapshot below:

I suggest you share logs of execution..medium should be,good

okay... here goes.

I turned off the light, the piston goes to the manual state. I open the door, walk in, tripping the contact on the door and the motion sensor. See all that in the log. The piston sets up the timers for 5s after the door shuts and for 10min after the motion stops... all good, and those triggers run, but they dont do anything. The light stays on and the piston state stays in "turned on by motion"

17/02/2022, 13:08:08 +308ms
+5ms	╔Received event [Guide].time = 1645067288261 with a delay of 47ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+60ms	╚Event processed successfully (55ms)
17/02/2022, 12:58:08 +192ms
+3ms	╔Received event [Garage-motion].motion = inactive with a delay of 27ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+138ms	║Setting up scheduled job for Thu, Feb 17 2022 @ 1:08:08 PM AEST (in 600012ms)
+141ms	╚Event processed successfully (138ms)
17/02/2022, 12:58:06 +433ms
+3ms	╔Received event [Garage Inside Door].contact = closed with a delay of 17ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+81ms	╚Event processed successfully (79ms)
17/02/2022, 12:58:02 +197ms
+3ms	╔Received event [Garage-motion].motion = active with a delay of 28ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+86ms	╚Event processed successfully (83ms)
17/02/2022, 12:57:58 +721ms
+4ms	╔Received event [Garage Inside Door].contact = open with a delay of 24ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+94ms	║Setting up scheduled job for Thu, Feb 17 2022 @ 1:07:58 PM AEST (in 600012ms)
+97ms	╚Event processed successfully (93ms)

@nh.schottfam : Thank you for the PM. I followed your suggested procedure of ensuring that all instances have the updated version (I did not check the raw code but they do have the same version numbers), as well as rebooted the hub (gently). Still seeing the same issues. Here is the log from one of the pistons:

2/16/2022, 10:22:18 PM +936ms
+3ms ╔Received event [10-HEM].power = 1313 with a delay of 22ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+16ms ║Runtime (9771 bytes) initialized in 2ms (v0.3.114.20220203_HE)
+17ms ║╔Execution stage started
+28ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+33ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (3ms)
+194ms ║║Executed virtual command setTile (1ms)
+197ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+206ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+216ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+226ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+235ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+244ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+254ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+263ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+272ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+282ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+292ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+301ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+311ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+320ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+330ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+336ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (320ms)
+364ms ║Setting up scheduled job for Wed, Feb 16 2022 @ 10:22:29 PM EST (in 9905ms)
+366ms ╚Event processed successfully (363ms)
2/16/2022, 10:22:10 PM +846ms
+3ms ╔Received event [1-HEM].energy = 218.759 with a delay of 22ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+17ms ║Runtime (9769 bytes) initialized in 2ms (v0.3.114.20220203_HE)
+18ms ║╔Execution stage started
+27ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+32ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+68ms ║║Executed virtual command setTile (1ms)
+71ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+82ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+92ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+102ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+112ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+122ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+132ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+142ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+153ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+165ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+175ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+185ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+195ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+205ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+215ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+222ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (204ms)
+248ms ║Setting up scheduled job for Wed, Feb 16 2022 @ 10:22:29 PM EST (in 18110ms)
+250ms ╚Event processed successfully (248ms)

and here is the corresponding piston:

(Does not allow me to add a png file of the piston code: The code is rhws0)

Will need to see full logs

this was discussed and resolved in the webCoRE forum