webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

I received the same error and the hub variable is being updated correctly when reviewing in settings. Weird this would produce an error if it worked

I think I had the same issue, and I cleared the Webcore Cache.

I must recheck.

1 Like

I am getting this error. The piston does what it should.

10/20/2021, 5:15:03 PM +462ms
+55ms ╔Received event [Home - Hub1].test = 1634764503462 with a delay of 0ms, canQueue: true, calledMyself: false
+61ms ║RunTime initialize > 60 LockT > 1ms > rtDT > 1ms > pistonT > 0ms (first state access 58 56 4)
+66ms ║Runtime (5173 bytes) successfully initialized in 1ms (v0.3.113.20211005_HE)
+67ms ║╔Execution stage started
+70ms ║║Cancelling statement #1's schedules...
+74ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+88ms ║║Invalid variable @@Test
+91ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (13ms)
+97ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (1ms)
+101ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (33ms)
+104ms ╚Event processed successfully (51ms)

Still haven't seen the issue. I will let you know if that changes.

I have posted an update that fixes this incorrect error message.

HPM repair to get it

4 Likes

This may be a limitation of Hubitat hub variables but I want to put it out there for others to see.

The example test piston shows a string being formatted so it's output can be placed in the Hubitat Dashboard. Using webCoRE's variable I can fill a string with more than 255 characters, whereas the Hubitat Hub Variable string is limited to only 255 characters?

10/21/2021, 2:09:04 PM +39ms
+96ms ║Error executing virtual command [].setVariable: (41ms) java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Value too long for column "VALUE VARCHAR(255)": "'Temp In DewPointIn Temp Out &n... (368)"; SQL statement: update global_variable set value = ? where name = ? [22001-197] Query: update global_variable set value = ? where name = ? Parameters: [Temp In DewPointIn Temp Out DewPnt
72.3F 50F 60.6F 58.3F, WeatherTempsTile]

thx, I'll have to catch that exception better...

I changed my variable name on the device page from Weather_Icon to NWS_Weather. It will not update on the variables page or in webcore.

May have broken the link back to the variable…

I did the HPM repair and now I'm getting these errors endlessly...

Annoying but not an error, just a debugging message left behind…

This should be resolved in the latest update out now.

1 Like

I'm curious; Is there a way for webCoRE to utilize reading and writing to the filespace of the Hubitat hub?

2 Likes

HE does not publish an api for that. I think someone at one time wrote a user app to do this.

I have asked this question in the past of HE, as if there was it would pretty straightforward to host the webcore html/css on the hub. The challenge once file access API is done is the HTML server of webcore does basic URL re-writes, but I assume if the file access was there that could be resolved one way or another.

I expect their concerns are similar to the creating hub variables from an app, someone could really cause problems for the hub if they are not careful.

1 Like

@nh.schottfam
I noticed my thermostat was failing to set the temp lately.
I tried Int and Dec for the house temp var but that wasn't it. No changes to this piston for a year. I checked and it's happening to many pistons but not all. Cleared caches etc. Trying to find a common element.

WebCore throwing this error:
An error occurred while executing the event: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '0' with class 'java.lang.Integer' to class 'java.util.List'
Logs:
app:442021-11-17 14:59:34.206 errorwebCoRE exception: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '0' with class 'java.lang.Integer' to class 'java.util.List' on line 4920

Can you ensure you are running the latest version (HPM repair), then let me know if it happens again and the line #

Well I can save the piston now with no error. :slight_smile:
I am usually up to date on all the code changes so I can't explain.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add that to the list of things to try before crying wolf :wink:

SOLVED: Turns out, in order to officially rename a Piston, you must edit it within the WebCoRE Dashboard (HE > Apps > click Piston > View Piston in Dashboard > Edit > click header > rename > SAVE > Back > [X] exit > Done) in order for the change to stick.

Has anyone else had difficulty renaming an existing Piston in WebCoRE? When I go to HE > Apps > WebCoRE and click my only Piston, then rename its title, and click DONE, the original name continues to appear in "Apps". I've tried refreshing the browser page between attempts, but no go.

Is this a built-in safeguard of some kind? Suggesting that we rename Pistons by some other means?

Or go to https://dashboard.webcore.co

2 Likes

yes, the piston name is part of the piston, and editing it in the webCoRE console (edit the piston) is best way to change the name properly).

1 Like